It’s obvious really. Our headline-grabbing success has led to a massive investment in refurbishment and creation of new Lidl UK stores, warehouses and supporting infrastructure. Bring your existing knowledge of construction projects and contract negotiations and be part of it.
In brief, it’s about planning, negotiating, supervising, presenting, communicating and co-ordinating. Our company-wide obsession with quality is just as evident in our approach to construction. We have big plans, so you will love this deadline-focused role where your vital contribution will be evident to all, this could be the ideal role your you.
What will you do?
- Appointing stores at a national level
- Managing supplier agreements
- Monitoring quality of appointed projects
- Monitoring national KPIs
- Liaising with the stores design team
- Supporting regions in execution of projects
- Updating national procedures
- Creating executive summaries
- Presenting in front of large audiences
- Liaising with external consultants
What will you need?
- A graduate in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with practical experience within a construction environment
- Fluent German language skills (Desirable)
- Proven negotiation and organisational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Sound commercial acumen
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Equal comfort working within a team and on your own
What do we offer?
- £40,000 - £55,825 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- Fully expensed company car including private millage - Audi A4 or A3
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects