Contracts Manager – Architectural Metalwork
Location: London (Will need to travel to the office in Dunmow a minimum of 1 day per week)
Salary: Competitive salary & benefits package commensurate with experience
About the Company:
Our client is a large-scale architectural metalwork supplier to the UK. They specialize in Staircases - High rise residential Contracts – Public work contracts such as Stations and Infrastructure – Cladding and Rain Screen bespoke packages aligned to metalwork packages. Most of their works is within the M25 area. Project values typically range from 500k to over £8m and include glass, timber, Aluminum, Stainless Steel – as well as the full range of Architectural steelwork.
The successful applicant must be fully experienced in architectural metal work and secondary steelwork for the construction industry (5 years min experience).
Contracts Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing contracts from start to finish, ensuring that productivity targets and agreed quality standards are met
- Working with the team to make sure plant, materials and labour are in place to carry out the contract efficiently and effectively
- Managing site-based operatives
- Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company equipment
- Liaison with main contractors on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company
- Producing and implementing risk assessments and method statements for contracts, and ensuring health and safety procedures are adhered to throughout projects
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers, making sure that all customers receive an excellent service
- Any other duties for which the post holder is qualified for and capable of undertaking.
Contracts Manager Requirements:
- Previous experience of contracts planning and experience of architectural metalwork is essential
- Previous experience as an Assistant Contracts Manager or Contracts Manager
- Understanding and ability to complete RAMS documentation
- Experience of managing site-based skilled operatives working on commercial contracts
- Knowledge of writing and implementing risk assessments to ensure a strong safety culture on site
- Initiative and ability to solve problems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships with main contractors
- Construction-related qualification or SMSTS qualification would be highly desirable
- Candidates need a full UK driving
- Ideally have a proven background within a similar role
- Be organised and efficient
- Excellent communication / IT skills and be comfortable and capable of with working to deadlines
All applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have the right to live and work in the UK, as per the UK Illegal Working Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 at the interview stage. No agencies please. Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
If you think that you are suitable for this Contracts Manager role, please apply now!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'