Contracts Goverance Manager
Salary: £40,000-£45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Benefits: 9% bonus at target, 28 days holiday, fantastic pension scheme (matched contributions doubled e.g. 7% from Employee, 14% from employer) and much, much more!
Royal London (RL) is the largest mutual life, pensions and investment company in the UK, with Group funds under management of £106 billion. Group businesses provide around 9.0 million policies and employ 3,449 people. (Figures quoted are as at 30 June 2017).
Founded as a Friendly Society in a London coffee shop in 1861, Royal London started out with the aim to help people avoid the stigma of a pauper's grave. Since then we have been helping people help themselves and are committed to delivering the best value for customers and putting members first.
We have a commercial ambition. An ambition to create and sustain a best in class Group-wide Sourcing and Supplier Management capability. A capability that delivers defined commercial excellence, time and time again. The Procurement Transformation is underway and there is no better time to join Royal London!
An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Contracts Governance Manager to join our Sourcing and Supplier Management Team based in our Wilmslow office. The Sourcing and Supplier Management Team's purpose is to be a trusted and valued commercial capability that delivers significant business cost, risk and relationship management value and to create a centre of commercial excellence for the Royal London Group through best in class sourcing and supplier management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the IT annual contract negotiations and renewals to maximise value and minimise risk; working closely with the Sourcing and Supplier Managers as well as business contract and service owners to ensure best value solutions and maximum commercial benefit for Royal London.
- Direct responsibility for leading key IT supplier contract renewals, changes and renegotiations in line with values and objectives to be agreed with Head of Technology Sourcing
- IT contract governance sourcing leadership to all IT contract renewals and expiries, to include where appropriate running the end to end tendering process, contract and price negotiation
- Create new and innovative IT contractual supplier led models and opportunities that drive cost, risk and relationship value to the business
- Lead negotiator to contracts up to £5M in total value
- Engaging proactively with the relevant GTC/Sourcing/Supplier Managers to ensure best value solutions and legal/regulatory/technical requirements are included in IT contracts
- Working with the Sourcing and Supplier Managers to proactively review and analyse the existing IT supplier base to identify category efficiencies and savings through consolidation and rationalisation
- Explore and deliver with the Sourcing Manager opportunities for supplier reduction where the same requirements are delivered by more than one supplier
- Understand Risk Appetite statements and how they apply to the business area
- Ensure key business risks are fully understood, controlled and mitigated on the team to ensure local plans are delivered and we meet our regulatory requirements
- Ensure Risk Events are reported, investigated and reported in accordance with the Risk Event & Escalation process
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience across sourcing, operations and supplier management, preferably within the financial sector
- IT knowledge, preferred to include software licencing regimes
- Strong selling style and effective communicator, collaborator and influencer
- Good technical skills - systems, Microsoft Office suite etc
- Graduate calibre or relevant professional qualification desirable, e.g. CIPS
- Significant change management experience
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex numerical data and present with clarity and simplicity
- Good analytical skills - a strong attention to detail and capability to see, assess and mitigate commercial risks
- Strong planning and organisational skills; a completer finisher
- Clear thinker, with proven commercial acumen and strategic focus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage effectively with a range of audiences
- Ability to manage a variety of complex projects simultaneously and build and maintain effective business relationships (internal and external)
- Represent the team in a wholly professional and ethical manner
We're looking for candidates with strong behaviours, core values and ethics. Evidentially professional, with a passion for building long-term sustainable business, supplier and colleague relationships. You'll be highly self-aware and see the value that can be enjoyed through collaboration and team working. We always aim to selflessly deliver the best outcomes for our members and customers.
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. To further queries please contact Joe Donnelly
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job