We are looking for an adventurous individual, wanting to contribute to the research industry, whilst maintaining a high standard of welfare. Due to continued growth and success, we are actively seeking to recruit a Trainee Animal Technician to join our team based Peterborough on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate will be required to help to maintain a barrier facility to the highest standards. This job will involve, amongst other things, collection and cleaning of animal cages and laboratory equipment.
- Receipt/collection of goods in and out of the facility.
- Maintaining internal laundry requirements.
- Filling cages and water bottles and undertaking stock checks.
- Adhering to strict hygiene procedures.
- Provision of clean sterile equipment.
- Some heavy lifting.
The successful candidate should be polite with good organisational skills and have the ability to think on their feet. Previous experience of using autoclaves and cage washing machinery will be an advantage, but full training will be given.
- Animal Care qualification preferred e.g. BTEC 1st or National Diploma in Animal Care or a NVQ in Caring for Animals.
- Have had previous experience working with animals.
This position is ideal for someone with an ambitious nature, looking to add to the continued growth of Agenda and be a part of our successful team.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Welfare