Continuous Improvement Manager
Are you in search of a new opportunity to showcase your hands-on, forward-thinking approach? If so, you may be interested in applying for our role as a proactive Continuous Improvement Manager?
Our client is a leading aerospace manufacturing company situated in the Leicester area (LE18). They are looking for a self-motivated, forward thinking individual with a strong appetite for continuous improvement, to manage their team. You would be responsible for organisation, planning, implementation and follow-through of continuous improvement initiatives established within the company's operating model. You will be expected to drive and lead a wide range of activities that are designed to improve on-time delivery, productivity, quality, cost, safety and environmental performance.Specific Responsibilities
- Facilitate successful Kaizen style events in line with business needs. Support all follow-throughs required and assist in sustaining improvement established during events. Monitor and close out issues
- Manage OPEX audit process, using the system to drive sustainable improvements
- Coordinate and deliver team-based training
- Provide external consulting services to other company or supplier operations
- Act as internal consultant and catalyst to assist individuals and teams in the application of the company's operating model, Lean Manufacturing principles and techniques to improve operations
- Facilitate consistent/uniform approaches for visual controls and productivity measurements to be utilized throughout product teams and the factory
- Assist team leaders in team skills to support meeting management, project management, improvements, results, etc.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and environmental health and safety rules.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Comply with all EHS rules and regulations and supervisory instructions
- Effectively manage the productivity improvement program (Degrees of implementation)
- Conduct complex analysis on which to base future site manufacturing re-alignment plan
We invite candidates to apply for this role who have an in depth knowledge of continuous improvement and problem solving strategies. People management experience is mandatory and previous experience of the application of the Toyota Production System and Key techniques 5S, 8W, A3, OEE, Daily management, TPM would be desirable.
More specifically, the ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Effective communication skills.
- Team membership skills (including the ability to manage and motivate the team)
- Technical knowledge (commercially aware, recognise the importance and aims of fellow departments and competent in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email and AutoCAD)
- Problem solving (identify problems early and source effective remedies)
- Decision making
- Planning of projects to reflect the business' circumstances
For me info, please contact Donna Gibson on or email
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job