The Law Society is the professional body that represents, promotes and supports solicitors. We provide advice and guidance to solicitors and we campaign on legal issues of importance to our members and the public. To do this we need digital content experts.
The Law Society is transforming digital services, starting with a new CMS and website redesign. This is a great opportunity to work creatively and make a real difference to the transformation of services to members and to the public.
The content designer will ensure that our content is presented in an accessible format, is usable and measurable, and effectively engages the target audience. We are looking for someone with a passion for digital who can lead the redesign of our content during a migration project and develop our editorial team to design high quality content for digital channels.
Working with the Head of digital, you will collaborate with content creators and our digital agency to support the development of a content strategy. You will take a proactive approach to understanding the needs of the organisation and our audiences. You will be an outstanding communicator, who can manage stakeholder expectations, network at all levels and have an interest in content that meets the needs of a diverse and discerning membership.
The role requires proven editorial, project management and interpersonal skills with a flair for innovation and a good understanding of website design and brand identity. You will need to use a range of technologies and adapt to new ones that will connect with our members. You'll need to be familiar with content management systems, HTML, analytics, usability and search engine optimisation.
- Introduce content design principles to the Law Society and provide internal consultancy for content design.
- Work with Head of Digital and Brand to develop and implement a content strategy.
- Lead and develop the digital content editors to deliver high quality, rich content
- Work with our digital agency to redesign content as we migrate to a new web platform.
- Ensure content is discoverable, relevant, contains suitable imagery, and meets accepted best practices in usability, accessibility and website design.
- Edit, adapt and produce content as required and quality control before publication using content management systems.
- Use analytics and other research to inform how content looks, feels and where it's published.
- Work with stakeholders to make sure they understand the role of the web and its potential as a communication channel.
- Support the development of digital capability and the rationalisation of content across digital platforms in order that we can become a 'digital first' organisation.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job