Our Construction and Engineering Group in Manchester is expanding and we are currently looking to recruit a Lawyer with 2-8 years’ PQE into our busy team.
We have an unrivalled reputation in acting for employers, funders, project companies, contractors, consultants and insurers. We act for over half of the UK's top 50 contractors, a large number of the top contractors worldwide and an impressive range of private and public sector clients. Our Construction and Engineering team act across the sectors including infrastructure and energy (nuclear, renewables, conventional and oil and gas), property, waste, education, transport and health.
Our Manchester Team
We lead on the contracting of major national and international construction and development projects from our Manchester office, with a strong team handling projects across the built environment for government bodies, developers, main contractors and funders. Our work covers large energy, transportation, commercial/residential real estate, industrial and technology projects, often of high renown, Many of our projects support industry’s efforts to decarbonise its processes and supply chains and to achieve net zero in the near future. This includes work in relation to offshore wind, solar, carbon capture, nuclear, battery storage, garden communities, modern methods of construction and energy efficient buildings.
The team is led by Graham Alty, Mark Job, Scot Morrison and Joanne Falencka – their combined experience in UK and international projects is unrivalled and they are supported by a team of a further 15 lawyers.
Key clients include:
- Sellafield Limited
- Cayman Islands Government
- Yapi Merkezi Insaat ve Sanayi A.S.
- Ministry of Justice
- Transport Infrastructure Ireland
- Eiffage Génie Civil, Kier Infrastructure and Overseas Limited
- Ferrovial Construction Limited
- BAM Nuttall Limited
- Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council and Hampshire County Council
- London Borough of Wandsworth
- London Borough of Harrow
- MSC Cruises SA
- Scottish Power
- EDF Energy
- Ministry of Justice
- Advising Sellafield Limited in relation to over £15bn of capital projects at its nuclear decommissioning site in Cumbria, by far the largest and most complex nuclear site in the UK.
- Advising the Cayman Islands Government (“CIG”) in connection with its: (i) $50m east-to-west corridor arterial access road and associated infrastructure works in Grand Cayman (the “EW Project”); and (ii) $300m 30 year Design Build Finance Maintain cruise and cargo berthing facility and associated infrastructure works at George Town Port (the “Cruise and Cargo Project”).
- Advising Yapi Merkezi Insaat ve Sanayi A.S on major rail infrastructure projects that demonstrate our leadership in high profile, high value, significant projects with innovative finance structures, and our commitment to Africa, where we have 40 years of experience across more than 40 countries
What our clients say:
‘Extremely commercial and pragmatic advice. Very can-do attitude; nothing is too big or too small for this team.’
‘This team has provided significant high calibre support to the in-house team and demonstrated an unfailing commitment to both to this business and the industry.’
The Candidate Required
With 2-8 years’ PQE the successful applicant will have a strong grounding in construction work. The team's pipeline is such that the opportunity would best suit a candidate well versed in infrastructure and energy related transactional construction work. This candidate may have the opportunity of exposure to both construction and projects work so experience and flexibility in that regard is an advantage.
The successful candidate will:
- have gained experience in a large commercial firm or in-house legal team;
- be a team player, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues in an agile environment;
- be technically strong and exercise good commercial judgment;
- have the interpersonal skills necessary for this client-facing role.
The role is wide-ranging, will focus on and include:
- developing on-going relationships with an existing client base as well as pitching for new opportunities;
- developing close working relationships as part of an international team;
- the opportunity to be involved in work in the very best national and international construction work.
What will we offer you?
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'