Configuration & Systems Administrator - Software Deployment, Updates, Patches, Releases, DevOps.
Configuration & Systems Administrator with a demonstrable background in configuration administration, systems administration or DevOps, preferably but not essentially in a Microsoft development stack environment, required by high profile Gold Partner organisation in Bury St Edmunds to further strengthen their team.
Reporting to the Configuration & Systems Manager, the successful candidate will support project delivery & live service operations on both internal & external environments for multiple projects & clients (from the Bury St Edmunds office). Some of the key responsibilities will include;
- system configuration including version & variant control
- installation, configuration & management of internal development environments
- deployment of code to internal development, test & client environments
- administration of all version control & code management systems, i.e. IBM Rational Team Concert, Microsoft TFS.
- deploying software releases to quality & time
- contributing to the continuous improvement process within the service management team across the business
Your experience to date should include experience of deploying software updates, patches & releases as well as deploying builds into development & test environments. You will be capable of producing & maintaining high quality technical documentation related to installation & configuration as well as change control. Previous exposure to server builds & configuration would also add value to your application as would an understanding of back-ups, restores & clustered server environments. Whether from more of a configuration OR systems administration background (or a combination of both), importantly you will bring strong communication & customer relationship skills as well as a passion for continued learning & personal development.
if successful, you can look forward to unrivalled opportunities for personal development & career progression. To find out more, simply drop me an email with your CV attached & we can have an initial conversation in the strictest confidence. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Software Configuration Management
- Software Development
- Release Management
- Software Updates
- Software Deployment