Conference Producer, based in Leatherhead, Surrey
This is an exciting opportunity for a bright, motivated and ambitious individual looking to work in a highly successful and expanding business.
In the role of Conference Producer some of your duties will include:
- Devising high quality conferences by researching and testing ideas and identifying good commercial opportunities
- Desk and phone research to identify market trends, hot topics and conference opportunities
- Conveying compelling new ideas to senior decision makers
- Acquiring senior level speakers from leading industry companies to give presentations at conferences
- Collaborating with sales and marketing to ensure good lists, support and copy is produced for all events
- Responsible for the commercial performance of your portfolio of events
- Attend events and run them on the day
- To work with the event team to ensure cost effective and high quality running of conference, with costs maintained within or below budget.
Benefits include private medical, excellent development opportunities and an early finish on a Friday!
In the Conference Producer role we require the following skills and experience:
- Self-motivated and deadline driven
- Persuasive and able to convey and articulate complex concepts
- Highly inquisitive approach to research and analysis
- Strong commercial acumen to identify compelling topics, themes and speakers
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Educated to degree level
- Ability to regularly travel in Europe
- Must be able to work as part of a cross functional team
- Existing knowledge of B2B commercial conferences is highly advantageous
- Experience of managing projects to deadlines and to a budget.
At Smithers we provide B2B events, market research, publications and strategic and technical consulting across 4 brands in 10 different vertical industries.
We are renowned throughout numerous industry areas for our quality, high calibre conferences, and our comprehensive and informative market research reports. We offer independent and expert market insight to allow companies to identify opportunities and grow their business.
In addition to offices in the US and UK, the organisation has specialist consultants world-wide.
We actively encourage career development and passionately support those who want to pursue and develop within the Smithers family. We have numerous examples of progression throughout the business and within some of our global businesses are proud that the average length of service amongst employees is a minimum of 10 years.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'