We at Cogent Staffing are proud to be a recruitment partner to a fintech company based in Skipton. Fantastic YoY growth and a wonderful atmosphere with excellent colleagues and structure.
They are looking for a Compliance Manager for their site in Skipton, but could be flexible on location for the right person.
To provide an efficient, comprehensive and professional compliance service supporting the senior management team and to manage overall risk assessment for the business. A wide ranging role within which the job-holder must be able to multi-task, organise and prioritise to a high standard.
You will -
- Perform risk assessments to understand the level, significance and scope of risk
- Keep up to date with, and understand, relevant laws and regulations adhering to the FCA requirements (and other regulators as appropriate)
- Monitor compliance with laws, regulations and internal policies including Electronic Money, Payment Services, Money Laundering and GDPR
- Be the main business contact for day to day compliance issues
- Provide support and advice to prospective and current Clients on compliance related issues
- Ensure that your findings are recorded and followed up with management so that issues can be rectified
- Educate employees on not only the regulations but also the impact to the organisation if these are not complied with
- Investigate irregularities and non-compliance issues
- Report back to business functions on current risk and compliance performance
- Highlight or escalate areas of concern
- Contribute to robust and effective compliance controls within the organisation
- Review marketing materials, presentations and websites to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Review and compile Terms and Conditions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Review client agreements
- Assist in the gathering of internal information in response to regulatory requests
- Perform various general administrative duties (such as file creation and maintenance of ongoing administrative projects)
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance
- Support the review of and ensure appropriate KYC and KYB processes are in place
- Support AML Audit
- Support PCI Audit
- Support to the Compliance Director
You will need:-
- Experience of working as a Compliance Officer or above
- Experience of Financial Services, FCA regulations, Payment Services, Anti Money Laundering regulations and a working knowledge of GDPR compliance
- Experience working within an EMI (Electronic Money Institution) or other issuing Payment Institution
- Knowledge of Card Issuing, with VISA and/or MasterCard experience
- General Banking experience eg all types of Bank Transfers to include Faster Payments and SEPA
- Experience of risk assessment, analysis and non-compliance issues
- Strong administration experience and the ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and detail
- Microsoft Office, especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent demonstrable experience
- The salary for this position is negotiable depending on experience but expected to be iro of £45,000
- Excellent benefits including 25 days (plus stat), childcare vouchers, private healthcare, pension, etc.
For more information on this position, please contact David Barraclough at Cogent Staffing. Cogent Staffing are acting as an employment business / agency and have been requested to check all suitable candidate’s eligibility to work in the UK.
Cogent Staffing Limited receive very large response to advertisements and it is not possible to answer each applicant individually. If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Financial Services
- Risk Assessment