Complaints Handler Manager
NHBC has an exciting opportunity available for a Complaints Handler Manager to join the Consumer Affairs team at our head office in Milton Keynes. Working on a full time permanent basis the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary of £40,500 - £47,500 + Benefits.
NHBC is a special company, it performs a unique dual role, providing warranties and insurance to new homeowners and overseeing the technical standards by which new homes should be built.
These activities, conducted "under one roof", create a highly unusual set of risks for the business which we have to manage effectively whilst working in the best interests of our policyholders and the homebuilding market as a whole. And we need to achieve this in an ever-changing world which creates new and varied challenges for us.
The Complaints Handler Manager Role
The Customer Affairs team is made up of complaint handling staff and administrators. The team is primarily responsible for reviewing complaints in accordance with the requirements of our regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority and our Customer Charters.
- Manage a team of Complaint Handlers ensuring that the complaints and enquiries allocated to them are reviewed consistently, effectively, proactively and in accordance with best practice, FCA and CIC requirements, FOS and NHBC customer charters.
- Carry out PDRs, including the setting of objectives, training, development plans and audits of cases handled.
- Monitoring resource requirements including recruitment.
- Undertake case reviews and provide assistance to the Media team and other areas of the business.
- Work with the Complaints Coordinator Manager to ensure appropriate allocation and balancing of workloads across the team.
- Assist with identifying complaints trends and the preparation of root cause analysis reports on the causes of complaints for the Consumer Affairs Manager.
- Assess cases for referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service when required.
- Liaise with Senior Managers, the Financial Ombudsman Service and Construction Industry Council as appropriate.
- Assist and deputise for the Complaints Co-ordinator Manager and Consumer Affairs Manager when required.
- Undertake complaints training and presentations to staff across NHBC.
- In conjunction with others, agree the strategy on complaints cases and MP/media enquiries.
- Assist the Consumer Affairs Manager in developing policy and best practice relating to complaints across the business.
The ideal Complaints Handler Manager
The successful candidate will need to have strong managerial skills, complaint handling experience and be an outstanding communicator, working with highly sensitive and confidential issues. They will need to be able to assimilate information quickly and accurately and enjoy the challenge of working on a variety of problem solving issues, often to tight deadlines, with the ability to make decisions and work under pressure.
The post would be suitable for an individual with a proven management experience, substantial background of insurance claims and complaints handling experience. Applicants for this role will need to be able to demonstrate strong performance management skills and a proven ability to review and resolve contentious and complex complaints. They will be IT literate together with high levels of accuracy and numeracy.
Salary / Benefits you’ll need as our Complaints Handler Manager:
- £40,500 - £47,500 (depending on experience)
- 10% bonus.
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Part funded Private medical insurance.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Business Park location with Free on-site parking
- Subsidised restaurant and coffee shop
We are "always happy to talk flexible working"
If you think you have what it takes to join us as our Complaints Handler Manager click apply now, we’d love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'