Job Title: Communications Manager - Contract Logistics
Location: Milton Keynes
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications UK, with a dotted line to the Director of HR Contract Logistics; you will ensure the Contract Logistics narrative and key messages reinforce the UK Engagement & Communication Strategy.
You will develop and co-ordinate internal communications within Contract Logistics, ensuring that key business messages are received and understood by all employees in the business; facilitating effective and timely two way communications across the business which support the business strategy and also help to drive
In particular, this role is key in helping the management to team to drive change effectively throughout the business; so you will lead effective communication of the 2018 Transformational Change programme in Contract Logistics.
The Contract Logistics Communications Manager will execute a robust governance process and participate in UK governance processes as needed specifically branding, preferred suppliers and Reactive Media Management.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Deliver an endorsed internal Engagement & Communications strategy and plan for Contract Logistics till 2022 directed by the business objectives and change plan.
- Demonstrate a tangible link between communications activities and the delivery of Contract Logistics business objectives.
- Report routinely on the effectiveness of the Engagement & Communications strategy and adjust as necessary.
- Ensure BAU communications support the ongoing business while transformation progresses.Deliver and deploy the Contract Logistics narrative.
- Maintain the integrity of the deployment of the narrative in everything leaders say and do. Adjust the narrative as necessary should the business environment / objectives change.
- Reactive media management and crisis media communications.
- Work closely with the Contract Logistics Heads of HR and Business Leadership Team to develop, refine and communicate key strategic messages via a range of internal communication channels and leadership behaviours necessary to deliver the business objectives.
- Coach and/or mentor Contract Logistics leaders to improve their communication effectiveness and ensure that leadership behaviours are also aligned to the strategic messages.
Your skills and experience
- Ideally educated to degree level with a relevant professional qualification.
- Previous experience of managing and working with senior managers to ensure messages are conveyed in an appropriate manner via an appropriate communications channel.
- Experience of managing internal communications within a large organization.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to influence and drive business outcomes, working closely with operational colleagues and senior stakeholders.
- Creation of crisis media communication planning and management of third parties.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively across an organization, lead others in a team and have a flexible approach.
- Tenacious individual with the ability to influence and overcome resistance.
- Experience of developing and managing change communications within a unionised environment
- Ability to articulate complex ideas in a simplistic format and the confidence to pitch to senior stakeholders.
With more than 76,000 employees at 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based supply chain management.
Learn more >>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job