Commercial Lawyer - Securitas Technology Europe
Securitas Technology, part of Securitas, is a world-leading provider of integrated security solutions that protect, connect and optimize organizations of all types and sizes. We're proud to serve as a trusted advisor and integrator, helping organizations across the globe implement smarter, innovative and seamless security solutions. Our 13,000+ colleagues in 40 countries are focused daily on our purpose to help make your world a safer place and our commitment to deliver an unparalleled client experience.
At Securitas Technology, we believe in celebrating our differences and creating a supportive environment where all voices are welcomed, appreciated and represented. Here, our colleagues are empowered to think big, fail fast and push the boundaries of innovation. As a purpose-led organization, we aspire to make a difference every day, and we're looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Following the calibreworking in collaboration with legal leaders in the various countries as the organization looks to leverage each other's experience, to develop best practices, and to deliver to our colleagues seamless, best-in-class legal partnership and ensure efficient handling of legal issues.Job Opportunity
The Commercial Lawyer will play a crucial role in supporting the Securitas' European Technology organization business leaders with a focus on the UK and Irish business. Working together with the Securitas technology leadership and finance team executing on key opportunities.
We are looking for a true commercial specialist who will enjoy the varied complex casework and will get exceptional exposure to an environment that works at pace and no two days will be the same.
The role can be based at any Securitas location in Europe with a preference for UK, Ireland. Some travel can be required across the region to various Securitas offices.
- Successfully support the business in reviewing the commercial contracts
- Support and coordinate the legal activities of Securitas Technology by providing timely and high-quality legal advice.
- Provide legal expertise for the drafting of legal instruments.
- Ensure that the Technology organization respects and is aligned with the Securitas policies and among it compliance and ethics policies
- Mitigate risks and organisational exposure through the review of contracts and customer facing material.
- Manage the contract repository, update, and review contracts for renewal as necessary.
Experience and Traits
- University Law degree + LPC or equivalent legal professional qualification
- Minimum 5 years of PQE as a legal counsel in UK, with experience in the electronic security industry or similar a plus
- Proven experience in negotiations with internal and external stakeholders concerning legal matters, including the ability to communicate technical legal matters in a non-technical way.
- Sound judgement to manage conflicting priorities and manage expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding of key business, legal and compliance issues within security would be a bonus but is not essential.
- Proven operational experience working with virtual and regional teams.
- Ability to advise on commercial contract risks and data protection enquiries in simple and concise terms.
Other personal characteristics
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem-solving.
- Ability to drive people.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate in a complex environment.
- Innovative and modern with a very challenging approach to all current practices to drive new efficiencies.
- Ability and expectation to travel cross border frequently.
Securitas Technology is an all-inclusive employer, and we encourage individuality within our company. We believe that diversity and inclusion are not just buzzwords, but integral parts of our business strategy. Our goal is to create an environment where every employee feels that they belong regardless of their background or identity. Our belonging strategy has three pillars,
- How you join us and develop your career
- The way we lead our teams
- Fair pay and benefits.
To achieve this, we have a number of initiatives: employee networks which are a safe space to build communities and influence practices, Race at Work Charter, Armed Forces Covenant, Disability Confident, Reasonable Adjustment Passport, Domestic Abuse Charter, Healthy Workplace Awards and we are leading the way in the Neurodiversity Top Employer Certification. We celebrate our differences throughout the year by recognising significant dates such as BSL Week, International Women's Day, PRIDE, Black History Month and many more.
If you want to learn more visit our website.
- commercial lawyer
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'