Agora talent is partnering with an Iconic Food Retailer based in Central London to recruit a high calibre Commercial Finance Manager to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced commercial accountant to support a key trading unit in the company. Working in a high performing team, driving insight to generate action is a key output. This role will allow you to broaden your understanding of commercial finance in the food retail industry, including reporting, financial planning and business partnering. You will be the lead business partner by providing accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting as well as performance analysis covering sales to gross profit regarding the key trade unit. You will have an inquisitive mind, driving new insight to support action in a key trading unit and ensure an effective control environment exists in order to minimize risk.
- To develop and deliver weekly and monthly performance analysis to support a key trading unit to understand current risks and opportunities with a focus on sales, stock loss and profitability.
- Embed yourself within the category teams to understand trade, market and customer trends to help maintain accuracy of rolling forecasts.
- Support delivery of the annual plans and forecasting processes with insightful variance analysis of key performance drivers, to set robust and stretching targets in partnership with the Commercial team.
- Support the delivery of the Strategic initiatives that impact a key trading unit whilst also ensuring that costs are managed effectively and that buying targets are reported and met
- Lead weekly performance review, highlighting performance drivers and levers to deliver opportunities.
- Help the trading team better understand performance or promotions to improve seasonal trade performance.
- Ensure that promotional revenues are accurately recognized in line with Corporate and Financial guidelines.
- Improve the working capital position of the area as well as ensuring an effective control environment exists.
- Drive efficiency through maintaining, implementing and monitoring appropriate controls particularly on warehousing, freight and duty.
About you, your skills and experience
You will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with proven finance business partner experience ideally from a retail or FMCG background. In terms of technical skills, advanced Excel skills are essential and the knowledge of Business Objects and SAP is an advantage. In addition to this, a high calibre, strong academic background is desired. You will be strong at communicating with both commercial colleagues, finance teams and good at building relationships. You will also have great ability to work effectively within a team, be credible and able to challenge, influence and support the business.
Amazing benefits include unrivalled progression opportunities, a great package including car allowance and a strong bonus potential.
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job