The appointed Estimator should be confident in quoting for all manner of enquiry ranging from tens of thousands to multi-million pound complex contracts for fenestration products. Being highly organised and methodical with good time management skills in meeting deadlines is key, along with a solid understanding of CAD drawings. Previous experience of windows and doors (uPVC, timber or aluminium) is required.
Estimator - Role and Responsibilities - Estimating / Aluminium / Furniture / Timber / Windows / uPVC / Doors
* Take responsibility for the cost and quoting of multiple enquiries / projects
* Preparation of quotes and tender packages, accounting for machining timings, material costs and expected labour rates
* Negotiate valuations and final accounts for projects, ensuring work won is at a profitable margin for the company
* Timely and accurate recording of information on internal databases
Estimator - Skills and Abilities - Estimating / Aluminium / Furniture / Timber / Windows / uPVC / Doors / Fenestration
* A background working with commercial windows and doors
* Skilled in CAD to look at product drawings
* Relevant production / estimating / manufacturing / operations experience in a manufacturing business
* Ability to work from customer drawings and transfer to appropriate format for production
* Strong working knowledge of quotes, tenders and contract documents. Liaise with customers regarding design and signing off jobs
* Ability to interpret and make calculations based on drawings that account for job complexity, material costs, machining timings and labour costs
* Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel
Estimator, Estimating / Aluminium / Furniture / Timber / Windows / uPVC / Doors / Fenestration
If this role could appeal please do apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'