Job Title: Collections Advisor
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Call Centre and Customer Services
Location: Horwich, Bolton, Greater Manchester, England
Salary: £17,167.00 - £20,808.00 (depending how many hours worked per week)
Are you passionate about Customer Service and helping people?
How about Free Parking?
Are you interested in progression opportunities?
Experience working for a reputable company?
Are you tired of selling? Is it time for a change?
Are you passionate about providing quality customer service?
Do you enjoy helping vulnerable customers?
Then this is the Customer Service job for you!
Collections Advisor: This is a permanent job with start dates throughout February and March 2018. As a Collections Advisor, we are looking for an individual who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and providing the right outcome for the customer. As this role is 100% phone based, you will need to be an excellent communicator, listener and have good questioning skills. This job can be complex and varied, providing a great opportunity for someone looking to enhance their customer service and collections skills further.
Role Overview: Your role will be to talk with customers about a wide range of banking, finance, insurance, utilities and retail products and services. The focus will be on having quality conversations with callers, via inbound and outbound calls and giving them the best possible experience. If you enjoy customer service and are motivated by making life easier for others, you'll enjoy working at our professional contact centre, where helping customers comes first.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Taking inbound and making outbound calls from/to customers who may wish to make a payment off their account, or discuss payment plans
- Providing an empathetic service to a caller who may be in financial difficulty
- Asking effective questions to establish the callers financial situation
- Feeling comfortable asking questions around the callers financial difficulties
- Going through income and expenditure details with the caller
- Listening to callers needs and having the ability to think outside the box
- Dealing with vulnerable callers in a sensitive and professional manner
- Meeting all data protection and compliance standards
- Logging all details and case notes on the in-house system
The shifts are working a choice of either 35, 37.5 or 40 hours per week between the hours of 8am and 9pm, Mon - Fri and Sat 8am - 4.30pm (no Sunday's). You will need to be fully flexible between the above times.
The training will be for 6 weeks. Please note, no time off will be authorised during the training period.
For the position of Collections Advisor we are looking for the following experience:
- Ideally phone based customer service experience
- Ability to problem solve and take ownership of each customer query
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- A passion for customer service
- Exceptional soft skills and empathy
- Previous experience of delivering exceptional customer service
Excellent Benefits Package and Incentives, as follows:
- 23 days paid annual leave (plus bank holidays) rising to 25 days (plus bank holidays) at 3 years service, and 27 days (plus bank holidays) after 8 years service
- Colleague retail & entertainment discount scheme - discounts at over 100 high street retailers
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Long service awards
- Colleague of the month scheme
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Retail voucher rewards for going the extra mile
- Comprehensive induction training and on-going support
- Regular training and education to ensure you're always up to date
- Opportunities to study for a Modern Apprenticeship
If you wish to apply for this fantastic role, please submit your CV online.
Successful applicants will be subject to a basic criminal record check and credit check before starting this role.
Keywords: Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Customer Care Advisor, Inbound, Call Centre, Contact Centre, customer service, outbound, collections,
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- debt collection
- financial services
- retail banking
- debt advisor
- payment negotiator