Established since 1956 and based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, our Client are High Quality Precision Gear Manufacturers serving both the UK and Worldwide markets.
They provide complex, top quality precision gears for the Aerospace, Motor Sport & Automotive, Medical, Marine, MOD & Defence, Oil, Gas & Petrochemical, Pump Gears, Food and Commercial Industry Sectors. They manufacture custom gears on a supply, complete or gear cut basis to Customer drawings or sample specifications. They work closely with their Clients, from Concept to Product Realisation, Technical Support to full Gear Prototype and Development.
Their core capabilities include: CNC Turning, CNC Milling, CNC Grinding, CNC Gear Shaping, CNC Helical Gear Shaping, CNC Hobbing, CNC Gear Grinding Bevel Gears, Gear Inspection and Gear Design Assistance. They offer the widest possible range of gear cutting.
They now require CNC Turners-Setters-Programmers to be part of this dynamic and expanding Engineering and Manufacturing Company.
Ideally, Candidates will come from an Engineering Apprenticeship background and will have experience setting and operating CNC machinery and in Fanuc controls.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Setting and operating CNC machinery
- Working on Fanuc Controls
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings with close tolerances on a variety of different materials
- Experience in machining different types of materials
- Undertake high precision machining
- Directly involved in Continuous Improvement programmes and Quality Control
Qualifications & Skills:
- Team player but also able to work alone and independently
- Self-motivated, positive 'can-do’ attitude
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Proactive and capable of practical problem solving
- Confident and able to make decisions that influence immediate tasks
- Provide a speedy but safe and competent service
- Able to respond and work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, well organised with a methodical manner and the ability to multi-task is essential
- A sound working knowledge and understanding of machine tooling and proper tool usage essential
- A working knowledge in Fanuc Control and Offline CAD CAM
- Fanuc30i and Edgecam Programme experience desirable
- 3 years or more relevant experience
- Full driving licence
- Early Shift Hours: 6.00am - 2.15pm Monday to Friday
- Late Shift Hours: 2.00pm - 10.15pm Monday to Friday
- Holidays: 28 days inc Bank Holidays (increasing with years of service)
- Overtime available
Currently the shifts are not rotated however our Client is investigating the merits of rotating shifts. Please specify on your application which shift pattern you would prefer.
- CNC Programming
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job