My client is an innovative leader within their field of expertise and due to an internal promotion they are now seeking an experienced CNC Machinist within Lathes working on nights from Monday to Thursday. They may also so consider candidates for day shifts.
Responsible to the Machine Shop Supervisor
Main duties of the CNC Machinist;
1. Responsible for the setting and machining of components for use in assemblies built on site and also for delivery direct to the customer.
2. Must be capable of inspecting finished components using a variety of inspection equipment and be able to identify solutions to ensure good quality product. Training will be given on CMM systems.
3. Be able to program simple components using Heidenhain and make appropriate modifications to programs generated with the CAD/CAM system.
4. Able to recommend and select the correct tooling to achieve the most efficient machining method.
5. Responsible for housekeeping of the machine and area of work and to ensure that all necessary preventative maintenance is carried out.
6. Responsible for the administration in relation to internal and customer documentation and to ensure that this conforms to the required specification.
7. Communicate professionally and effectively with clients and other agents with whom the company has contact with.
8. Communicate effectively and efficiently with other members of the team to enable the sharing of information and clarity of understanding.
9. Responsible for managing own time in the most time efficient way and prioritising workload to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Benefits / Salary Package for the CNC Machinist are;
- 25% for night shift working allowance on top of basic salary
- 39hrs Standard working week
- Monday to Thursday on 4 x 10 hour night shifts.
- All overtime at 1.5 x base rate
- Life Insurance 4 x Annual Salary
- Attendance Bonus, approx £500 paid in January, rules apply
- 25 Days holiday + 8 Stats
- Stock and Shares Purchase scheme
- 4 or 5 axis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job