My client is a technology-driven digital marketing and sales company that also owns and operates a number of digital brands. They focus on solving complex business problems for their partners, which include some of the worlds largest brands, by combining advanced data analytics with proprietary, built in-house technology to help us generate demand and attract potential customers with incredible efficiency.
They combine the speed and creativity of startup, the strategic thinking of a management consultancy, and the technology development and analytics of a software company- all under one roof. Couple that with a culture built on speed, innovation and collaboration and you’ll find a place unlike any other.
I am looking for a London based Front End Designer, to join an ever expanding world class team where you will be working with top European brands as well as bringing to Europe some of their US owned and operated assets. This is a unique opportunity to be an early member of a fast growing team, backed by one of the most successful digital companies globally.
What's the role?
As CloudOps Engineer you will help architect, deploy and operate their cloud application infrastructure with a heavy focus on Amazon Web Services (AWS). In this role you will have a big impact on driving the performance, resiliency, monitoring, scaling and security of our platform and will also play a role in integrating our infrastructure with others as a result of recent M&A activity. You will utilize both your engineering and systems administration skills in this position to build automation and tooling that helps us manage our growing footprint of cloud-based web applications. You will also play a part in research and development of the latest offerings from AWS..
• Build fully automated enterprise VPCs in Amazon
• Develop, configure and install tools to enhance the software development lifecycle
• Manage our deployment & configuration across production, staging, and test clouds
• Create repeatable, reliable processes for software deployment
• Perform ad hoc queries on production data and implement cloud-based datastore technologies
• Work with engineers on building internal tools for automation, analysis, and data visualization
• Ensure test systems properly emulate production systems
• Monitor application performance with predefined tools or create new tools as needed.
• Manage tools for static code analysis and automated testing through continuous integration.
• Enable continuous improvement of our tools and processes
• Participate in on-call rotation and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions
• Research production problems and finding root causes in order to facilitate repairs by developers
• Work with security audit firms to ensure best practices and penetration/scanning tests are conducted regularly
• Manage software releases as needed.
• Take ownership of the process and problems and see them through to satisfactory resolutions.
What I am Looking For:
• Strong background in AWS enterprise, configuration, and deployment including VPC, EC2, S3, Route53, and scalable infrastructure
• Strong understanding of Linux systems
• Strong understanding of infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation)
• Strong knowledge of CICD tools (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI)
• Experience with container-based applications and tools (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
• Understanding of a programming/scripting language (e,g, Golang, Python, node.js)
• Understanding of software development best practices (tests, version control)
• Fluent at using Git
• Excellent communication, collaboration and writing skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience
- Web Services
- Application Infrastructure
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job