Are you an experienced or aspiring Client Manager? Are you looking to make a move to a job and a firm that will support your development both professionally and personally?
Would you like to work with a firm of accountants with strong core values, support the community, and provide an enhanced benefit and wellbeing package? If so, this Client Manager role within a progressive accountancy firm in Northamptonshire could be for you.
As an ACA, ACCA or CTA qualified Accountant, you will need a minimum of three years of taxation and accounting experience in an accountancy practice.
As a Client Manager, you will be an excellent communicator and effective relationship builder and networker.
You’ll be self-motivated, have close attention to detail, be familiar with accounting systems, and perhaps more importantly, you’ll have a head for business and know how to leverage your knowledge to help clients.
In addition to being the go-to person for clients, you’ll also be a team leader, fostering a supportive culture that encourages and celebrates everyone’s hard work and dedication.
For the right person, this established and reputable firm in Northamptonshire offers flexible working, an enhanced benefits and wellbeing package, and the chance to support local charities.Job Purpose
- Assist in the management of the department, working with Senior Managers and Partners on department planning and strategy.
- Plan department workloads and work in progress to ensure that clients receive exceptional customer service levels in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage a team of accountants, ensuring that work is distributed and delegated effectively, timescales and deadlines achieved, and standards maintained.
- Monitor and progress the department’s workload ensuring that all statutory accounts, reports and returns are submitted accurately and on time.
- Manage a client portfolio, develop your knowledge of them, and become the go-to for all client issues and queries.
- Ensure that clients receive responses in a timely and professional manner and attend regular client meetings, either virtual or face to face as required.
- Support Partners and clients on hybrid or specific projects as required.
- Review all accounts, papers and returns produced by junior members of your team.
- Ensure that Partners are informed when work is complete and ready for billing.
- Liaise with external bodies such as HMRC and assist with queries promptly.
- Identify opportunities and issues for the business and on behalf of clients, proposing solutions and offering advice as required.
- Oversee, support, and mentor a departmental team, championing collaboration, respect and service excellence.
- Manage the performance and development of the team by conducting regular reviews and appraisals.
- Provide regular reports and updates to the Partners on departmental performance, effectiveness and areas for improvement.
- Identify training and development needs and provide support in the upskilling of the team.
This well established, multi-office accountancy firm supports a variety of businesses UK wide and has an exceptional reputation for its pro-active and friendly service.
Feeling like a valued member of the team isn’t solely supporting each other on work projects -- it’s the culture and core values that are underpinned by socials, charity events, support, and recognition that this firm provides.
This accounting firm goes above and beyond to support the local community and cares about its environmental impact.
Regularly conducting surveys, they listen to employees' feedback and views on the business, their role, and the support they receive, as integral to joint success.
This firm's commitment to its employees is echoed in the enhanced benefits and wellbeing package offered, which goes further than remuneration. This firm invests in its people and encourages personal development and growth.Employee Benefits As A Senior Accountant / Client Manager
- Salary of £50,000 to £70,000
- Flexible working hours
- Substantial annual leave
- Healthcare and medical support cover
- Enhanced employee pension contribution
- Personal development and training support
You’ll need to be ACA, ACCA, or CTA qualified or have equivalent experience for this role. You’ll also need to have at least three years of accounting experience in an accountancy practice environment.
Experience in supporting rural or associated businesses would be an advantage.
You’ll have experience and be adept at completing accounts and tax returns with in-depth accounts preparation knowledge.
You’ll be computer literate and experienced with accounting software packages. You’ll appreciate the efficiencies that technology can bring and maximise this for the firm and clients alike.
Confident in discussing your ideas and making decisions, you’ll be comfortable approaching Partner-level team members to contribute to clients and the firm’s success.
You’ll have honed your relationship and business development skills and be confident with talking to new and established contacts alike.
Your people skills will also assist in the management and leadership of colleagues and juniors. We want people who lead by example and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.
You’ll be a proactive leader who can motivate and get the best from their team.
- Accountancy Firm
- Statutory Accounts
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'