Looking for a Cladding and Façade Estimator to join my client in their business based in Bilston
- Reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Strategic Planning - Work with senior management to develop long term plans for the organisation around growth and development of products and capacity.
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Guarantee project legal documents, permits, inspections etc., are completed and signed.
- Regularly coordinate with other senior staff members -i.e. Directors, Managers, and Resource Development - to ensure a holistic approach to projects that honors construction needs as well as other broad organisational objectives.
- Create long-term department plans and work with staff to create and adhere to individual annual and 90-day plans.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Review and contribute on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets
- Developing relationships with clients
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Representing the business at Client Meetings and annual networking events.
- Cold calling to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business;
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales;
- Gathering market and customer information;
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing customers with quotations;
- Attending team meeting and sharing best practice with colleagues.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for delivering the project
- Using construction management knowledge to ensure the smooth transition to site and to final handover.
- Carefully inspect tender documentation. Analyse exact requirements and identify areas that have implications to company
- Provide a detailed "take-off" and Bill of Quantities (BQ) using the Estimating software package.
- Work on traditional Plan and Specification and Design and Build Contracts.
- Clearly mark BQ to identify items to have enquiries sent out, together with specification, prelim elements and appropriate drawings. Monitor enquiry process and dates for quote returns.
- Oversee or complete the quote analysis comparison and make selection for inclusion in priced tender.
- Contact appropriate person to arrange site inspection. Visit site and make all necessary record notes and take appropriate photographs. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, amend, create new or insert from material and subcontract quotes.
- Using standard prelim forms build-up allowances for each project. Discuss construction sequence of projects with Managers to enable a proposed construction period to be determined. Use to calculate prelim allowance. Consider other construction methods and determine the specific prelim requirements.
- Re-assess build-ups taking account of all known conditions and requirements and adjust figures as necessary.
- Review subordinates estimates and quotations for approval.
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyse subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost for historical data
- Organise / Update / Submit pre qualification data as required
- Take responsibility for pre-construction correspondence with all involved parties, including bid invitations, requests for information, addenda, and scope of work clarifications.
- Ensure all accreditations required for company to bid for work is maintained, i.e. CHAS, Construction line etc
- The same process applies as tenders albeit the degree of accuracy required will be dependent upon how precise and how much time is given to produce.
- Collate tender information and build-ups, and complete estimator’s written report section of the handover meeting.
- Arrange convenient meeting date with contracts department within one week of letter of intent, contract of firm notice of intent. Attend meetings; explain project and handover documentation and additional copies as necessary.
Undertake monthly reporting on the following items: