£Competitive + Benefits
Cadent are transforming and technology is playing a key role as we strive make a step change in our performance and drive our business forward. We have an exciting new opportunity for a Chief Architect to help us succeed with our challenge. The successful candidate will be working within a team that is passionate about technology and the opportunity it brings to our business.
- Work with business and IT Stakeholders, to ensure that the IT Architecture of the organisation delivers value, service and sustainability aligned to existing and future business strategy and processes.
- Develop and maintain an holistic view of the organisations enterprise and solution architectures, processes and information technology assets.
- To identify and deliver innovative architecture and technology that will increase business value; reduce cost; improve service.
- Provide strategic vision and direction across the organisation to maintain alignment to relevant and applicable advances in technology
- To develop, lead and manage a team of IT architects consisting of both internal and external team members.
- Develop and manage the existing and future enterprise and solution architecture strategies
- Implementation of the future enterprise architecture through the delivery of compliant solution architectures
- Own, champion and demonstrate cost transparency, value delivery, service sustainability from the architecture strategy and system solutions of the organisation
- Develop, champion and demonstrate the delivery of service strategy principles and outcomes across the architecture strategy and system solutions.
- Identify and deliver innovative IT architecture and solutions that generate business value
- Demonstrate the use of industry best practice
- Governance of enterprise and solution architecture practices, tools and deliverables
- Definition and implementation of architecture principles
- Develop and maintain roadmaps of tactical and strategic activities that deliver the architecture strategy
- Assist in the development of solution sourcing strategies
- Build relationships with key delivery partners and suppliers
- Engage with industry bodies and independent market analysis organisations
Lead and drive the development of a team of IT architects across enterprise and solution architecture capabilities
- A proven track record of delivering business value from IT either by aiding clients to develop and govern their enterprise architecture or by providing solution architecture in response to a particular business need
- Have used architecture tools such as Troux, System Architect, Rational Rose, Casewise, Aris or equivalent.
- Have a track record with a blue chip consulting or systems integration firm or as an IT Senior Manager within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
- To have recognised expertise in one or more of the following TOGAF architectural domains: Business, Application, Data, Technology
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture
- Good stakeholder management and influencing skills covering colleagues, partners / vendors and project sponsors.
- Understanding of the cost and value drives of IS and business
- Experience in applying consultancy approaches and techniques
- Experienced in applying tools and techniques from idea to user acceptance testing
- Experience of Investment appraisals
- Experience of legacy estate rationalisation; Development and deployment of best practice use cases; knowledge repository creation and management; champion of reuse
- Working with external suppliers in a highly commercial environment
- Experience of the full Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Some experience in modelling techniques (e.g. UML, OOAD, SSADM, Yourdon etc.) would be beneficial
- General technical experience is required e.g. Unix, Oracle, Web developments, E-Commerce etc.
- Utilities experience highly beneficial.
- Integration with External parties
- Establishing architecture standards within the specialist discipline of applications/data
- Designing and monitoring complex architectures
- Providing advice to the business, including offering solutions to business need that meet architecture requirements
- Data modelling and database design
A little more about us
Over the last few months, you may have seen media coverage about National Grid selling the majority stake in its gas distribution business to an investment group. The sale has recently completed, and we now have a new identity - Cadent.
Ultimately we're still the same sizeable organisation, with the same 200 year heritage, but now we can exclusively focus on what we do best - keeping the energy flowing for our customers. We want to ensure you understand that by applying for this role, you will be applying to join a bright future with Cadent.
For further insight into us please go to - www.cadentgas.com