Cheese Creamery Operator
The South Ormsby Estate are looking for a Cheese Creamery Operator to produce cheese on the South Ormsby Estate to help promote the Massingberd-Mundy brand.
Job Title – Cheese Creamery Operator – On Farm
Location – South Ormsby, Lincolnshire, LN11 8QS
Salary – Salary is flexible, dependent on the candidate (For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to work in a self-employed opportunity and to set this up as your own business/joint venture with The South Ormsby Estate).
Benefits: Subsidised accommodation and phone calls paid
Hours worked per week: 37 hours (the suitable candidate will be expected to stretch to the demands of the job as this is a new venture to get off the ground)
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000 acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy. Building upon a historic past, their vision is to create the best place to invest, work, live, play and retire to and the best farming estate in the world!
We have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Cheese Creamery Operator to work in our beautiful surroundings whilst producing our own Massingberd-Mundy brand.
The Cheese Creamery Operator will be required to design a suitable temporary creamery to produce our own Massingberd Mundy hard cheese and alcoholic whey product. The very best kit, traditional methods and the highest quality raw ingredients will be used. Part of the role will be to obtain various licenses to produce and sell the cheese and alcoholic whey product. A knowledge of marketing and selling will be needed to promote our cheese to make it the best tasting product that we possibly can, from the finest locally sourced ingredients.
Cheese Creamery Operator - The Role:
- Design the creamery equipment
- Obtaining licences needed to produce and sell the cheese and alcoholic whey product
- Produce the Massingberd-Mundy brand of cheese and whey product
- Successfully market and sell the product
- Product development
- Managing all aspects of production including scheduling, raw material purchasing and stock control, distillery and operations and cleaning, managing the dispatch of stock and control of inventory
- Managing the creamery on a daily basis including all checks, recording data and monitoring
- Packaging and all aspects of quality assurance.
- Maintaining creamery equipment and instrumentation including water treatment servicing, cleaning filters, cleaning probes, etc. to ensure accuracy
- Ability to create and improve operating and safety procedures and an understanding of quality assurance needs
- Organising product tastings and other promotions events such as attending food and drink festivals and talking at various groups etc.
- Monitoring of stock levels in the cheese room – Make sure to proactively avoid wastage
Cheese Creamery Operator – Skills & Experience required:
- Knowledge of food/drink health, safety and hygiene requirements in production of cheese
- Driving licence
- Ability to sell and market products
- Shows attention to detail in all aspects of their work and commitment in excellence in all areas
- Genuine love of the cheese making process (and all things milk related!!)
Great things about this opportunity:
For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to set this up as your own business with the investment and support of the South Ormsby Estate.
A really exciting opportunity to be involved with a new business venture from its inception and to make the opportunity our own.
The South Ormsby Estate are creating more than just a place to work with big plans for the estate and everyone involved with their vision to become the best farming estate in the world
- Customer Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'