We are now recruiting for a full-time position of Centre Manager for the Portsmouth Technopole which we operate and manage on behalf of the University of Portsmouth. The University is committed to developing collaborative spaces where industry and members of the University can collaborate, create, develop and grow. You will receive a competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum + bonuses and benefits.
These are exciting times for Oxford Innovation. We are the UK’s leading operator of Innovation Centres which provide office and laboratory space to growing companies throughout the UK. We manage twenty four centres across the UK, providing space and support to nearly 1,000 innovative and growing companies.
About the role
The role is sales oriented, with emphasis on working with the University to identify opportunities for Centre customers and the University to encourage access to facilities, research, collaboration opportunities and business support. As Centre Manager the generation of new sales leads, promoting the availability of space within the Centre and the services and opportunities to connect with the University will be central to your role, as will networking at appropriate business and University events in the local area.
You will also develop and lead various marketing initiatives in conjunction with the marketing team, and generally drive footfall and sales related activity aimed at maximizing future Centre occupancy. Working closely with the University you will have a role in helping to shape and develop the future for increasing engagement and support for businesses to access the knowledge, facilities and students at the University.
The Centre Manager duties and key responsibilities:
- To be accountable for the financial and operational performance of the centre
- To deliver all aspects of sales, marketing and operational activities for the centre to attract new customers and ensure retention of existing occupiers
- Overall management control and accountability for the financial and commercial performance of the centre
- Responsible FM – Compliance and Statutory regulations
- Training and developing centre staff
- Management of financial procedures
- Provision of exceptional customer service whilst ensuring operational efficiencies
- Cultivating the working partnership with our client, the University of Portsmouth, to identify and develop areas of collaboration and joint initiatives
- Working with the Innovation Director to ensure that business support activity is effectively delivered
You will be supported at the Centre by our Reception team, as well as working closely with our Regional Manager for the area.
What we’re looking for in our Centre Manager:
This role would suit an individual who has experience in property management, which would include sales, marketing and facilities. Plenty of support and training will be available but you will need to possess excellent communication and decision-making skills. You should be process driven and passionate about ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered to both our client and customers.
In our last Staff Survey, ‘people’, ‘colleagues’ and ‘team’ were the most often mentioned reasons why our staff like working here and we were delighted to get some great feedback about our flexible, respectful and friendly working environment. We run staff incentives schemes which give everyone the chance to be rewarded for their contribution, and our benefits package is highly competitive with other similar-sized employers.
If you would like to join our team as our new Centre Manager then please click ‘apply’ today, we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 18 February 2018
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds.