Our client is looking for a Catering Assistant to join their friendly team based in Tadworth in Surrey.
The Catering Assistant will provide assistance to the Chefs with the preparation, presentation and service of the food and is in charge of the general cleaning duties of the food preparation area. This is an exciting opportunity for a Catering Assistant looking to get into the catering industry and who enjoys being part of a friendly team.
The general duties for the role include;
· Food preparation of Salads, Sandwiches and buffet style foods
· Correctly package and label the food items, to include dates of production/ use by date, allergy warnings, and any other information deemed necessary by the Head Chef
· Check that the dining area is clean and ready for service, ensuring that the correct equipment and menu accompaniments are available prior to service.
· Correctly label food items for service and be aware of the correct procedures with regards to food allergens.
· Ensure that service is quick and efficient so as to keep queuing to a minimum.
· To ensure a high level of cleaning is carried out after each service.
Previous experience is not essential as training is provided. An awareness of the importance of health and safety in the workplace is considered essential in the environment.
The successful applicant should be able to work within a team, whilst working under pressure. Good communication skills and a willingness to be pro-active are essential.
The right candidate must be able to drive and to clear a DBS check.
Salary: Up to £7.75 p/h
5th-9th March and 12th-14th March
If you're interested apply today!
- Food Preparation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job