Category Manager- Highways & Construction (NEC3) Interim position, 3-6 months minimum
We have been instructed by a well-known authority to find a Category Manager for Highways and Construction. You will be reporting to the Senior Category Manager, and playing a crucial part in delivering a range of exciting road improvement projects across Liverpool. These are large projects starting from £4 million!
Aside from working with an award winning Procurement function, you will also be offered additional training to reach NEC4! An exciting opportunity for anyone looking to improve their skill-set and be part of a team delivering multiple projects over the coming year.
- To support the development and delivery of a strategic sourcing programme for defined category areas.
- To devise appropriate procurement strategies whilst understanding client spend profiles
- The delivery of projects within time constraints and within defined budgets.
- To lead the development of high value relationships with suppliers to maximise the value extracted.
- To meet customer requirements by delivering value for money, identifying cost savings and other efficiencies including innovative solutions.
- To participate in contract management activity where required.
The client is looking for someone with strong NEC3 knowledge, ideally from a highways and construction background. Previous experience within the public sector as OJEU will be required.
The client is looking for someone to start immediately but will also wait up to 4 weeks for the right person if necessary.
MCIPS or working towards MCIPS is preferred.
Rate and Benefit:
£240 - £270 per day
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job