At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Commercial Category Manager - Marketing and Corporate Services, this is an exciting and unique opportunity to join McLaren Automotive’s Commercial and Legal team. It is a rare opening to join an exclusive automotive environment which is undergoing a transformation and rapid growth in response to its critically acclaimed global products and best-in-class performance.
This role must provide excellent commercial support and guidance to the Marketing Team to allow them to perform in a demanding and perfection driven industry.
- Management and leadership of the brand marketing / digital sub category areas. Representing the businesses best commercial interests.
- Support and challenge the Commercial Category Manager - Marketing and Corporate Services to achieve optimal results for McLaren Automotive.
- Act as the liaison between McLaren and our suppliers, ensuring stakeholder requirements and concerns are fully understood and ensure these are fed back during the appropriate stages to the suppliers
- Applying expert judgement to enable McLaren Automotive to collaboratively make well balanced commercial decisions.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholder departments to ensure quality, service and commercial rigour into every aspect of our business.
- Principal Accountabilities:
- Full procurement life-cycle responsibility and autonomy for sourcing of high quality, value for money goods and services, utilising robust and objective sourcing processes that represent best-in-class practices.
- Continuous improvement of processes and administrative functions required to complete role, to ensure a streamlined and efficient way of working.
- Accountability & delivery of commercial and cost saving targets
- Maintain SRM processes with suppliers to build long term relationships and synergies based upon common goals and objectives with an overall aim of improving their effectiveness and capability in serving our account.
- Setting of clear objectives and monitor performance of your suppliers and other functions within the organisation
- Ownership of self-development and training requirements.
- Ensure stakeholders needs are met and that they are provided suitable commercial guidance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- It is desired the successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Cross category procurement experience, ideally including Marketing Services procurement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts.
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent influencing and interpersonal skills. Happy to challenge authority.
- Excellent organisational skills, deadline adherence and exceptional attention to accuracy and detail.
- Excellent written and presentational skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to understand complex and abstract concepts (legal, technical and/or commercial) and being able to present the information in an informative and simplified manner; such that key decisions can be made quickly and objectively.
- Able to demonstrate a methodical approach towards problem solving.
- Proven supply chain management and procurement experience, dealing with both small and large value organisations.
- Ability to manage stakeholders who span all levels of authority within the business. This will include Directors, Heads and Managers within McLaren Automotive and also externally with our Supplier base.
- Ability to prioritise a demanding workload and manage stakeholders accordingly.
- A high level of self-motivation to overcome obstacles
- Happy to challenge authority
- Happy to work with changing priorities
- Capability to lead and influence within a dynamic organisation
- Strong numerical ability
- Able to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority
- Strong communicator / influencer.
- A flexible approach to working hours and practices is necessary
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job