Are you looking to make a positive difference to a community? Is working for an organisation that can provide you with fantastic support and benefits attractive to you? Look no further, as an exciting position for a Joiner - Carpenter has arisen!
If you want to work for one of the UK’s leading housing and care service providers in the UK? Are somebody who is open to new opportunities, works to achieve high standards and is customer focused?
Mears Group are looking to recruit a passionate Joiner - Carpenter to join the rapidly expanding housing team in Peterborough.
Working across residential and social housing contracts you will be responsible for carrying out all aspects of Carpentry as a main trade coupled with substantial experience. The position will be based at our main site which will also include work across key contract sites up to a 20 mile radius.
Who are we?
Mears is one of the UK’s leading housing and care providers to both the public and private sector, with over 6,500 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions.
With 30 years of delivering market-leading repairs and maintenance services, Mears is trusted to deliver in excess of 6,000 repairs daily to a portfolio of more than 1,000,000 homes nationwide.
Our housing teams provide rapid response and planned maintenance services for local authorities and registered providers and deliver in excess of 5,000 repairs every day to a growing portfolio of around 1,000,000 homes across the UK. We also provide a range of services to cover all areas of the housing sector, including regeneration, contact centre solutions, housing management, home improvement, facilities management, estate services, grounds maintenance, student accommodation and new build.
We are looking for you to have the following attributes and key skills:
- Must have the ability to communicate with client’s representatives, tenants and other agencies as required
- Experience in UPVC. (Repairing and renewing locks, overhauling plastic doors, boxing in, refixing of shower seats, renewal of window boards etc)
- Full driving licence
- Relevant trade qualification or 5 years in Carpentry and Joinery [Timeserve/ City & Guilds]
If you possess the above skills and attributes, and if successful with your application, in return for your hard work and dedication, we will reward you with benefits including:
- Training & development
- Competitive annual rate - £24,500 per annum
- Company vehicle and fuel card (if applicable)
- 20 days annual leave
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Eye Test Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all our hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Be part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
- Maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your loved ones!
- Use and access to the latest technology
If this is a job role that you feel suits you, follow the information below to secure your opportunity to join a growing family of workers dedicated to bettering their community.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'