£8.42 - £8.67 per hour (dependent on NVQ)
Paid breaks, free Uniform & DBS
36 or 48 hrs pw (alternate weekends)
Sunnybank House is a 60 bedded luxurious residential, nursing and dementia home located in Fair Oak, Eastleigh. We are looking for reliable and compassionate night carers to join our Team.
You will provide individual care as required by each resident in order to meet their personal needs whilst ensuring that each person's dignity and individuality is upheld and their independence, choice and control is promoted at all times. You will be part of a Team that creates a happy and caring atmosphere; which involves providing a wide range of general caring services and duties within the limits of personal experience and knowledge. To help in the care of the resident's physical environment and the general day to day activities within the home.
You will work with all types of residents receiving direct care. Your duties and responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the residents but can include:
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting / assisting residents, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living, according to their individual needs.
- Paying particular attention to assisting residents who have limited mobility, or physical difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
- Closely monitoring residents who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
- Promoting continence and assisting with toileting.
- Assisting in the delivery of care for residents who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Keeping your line manager fully informed of the events.
- Promote the rights, dignity, privacy, respect, & choice to every resident when providing care.
- Support & encourage residents to maintain their independence with daily living.
- Observing care planning needs for residents and completing daily records as instructed and in line with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Under the supervision and guidance of Senior Care Assistants, reporting on the well-being of residents.
- Making Visitors feel welcome. Providing refreshments / assistance as and when required.
- Making and changing beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty. Ensuring the Home's resources are used appropriately.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment used by residents e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensuring the Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company's attention to detail philosophy.
- If applicable, care for residents clothing and rooms as named, and ensuring that all clothing is clean, handled with care and clearly marked.
- Assisting residents who need help during meal times (and awareness of any swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc.). Assisting with serving of food & drinks as requested & required.
- Escorting residents travelling to and from the Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc., when requested.
- Support residents on admission to settle into their new home.
- care assistant
- senior carer
- senior care assistant
- night carer
- senior night carer
- night hca
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job