Mears have a number of opportunities available for Care Workers to join our company. In return, we offer excellent pay rates, guaranteed hours contracts, paid training, free uniform, the opportunity to complete the NVQ/ QCF Health and Social Care qualification, extensive training, company annual fun days, child care voucher scheme, flexible working patterns, excellent career prospects and access to the Mears Advantage money saving scheme and Mears Assist employee support hotline.
Mears Care Limited is part of the Mears Group (PLC) and are one of the UK’s leading providers of home care and support delivering high quality care. We have over 180 branches nationwide, provide care for over 40 000 older and disabled people with 17 000 well trained and dedicated staff.
The Care Worker’s role will involve:
- Providing personal care and support to clients including washing, bathing and toileting
- Healthcare, including assisting the service user to take medication as appropriate
- Providing practical support and domestic tasks including laundry, cleaning, shopping and preparing and cooking meals
- Accompanying individuals in social activities and assist in developing and maintaining the social interests of the individual
- Providing specialised care for clients with more complex needs if required
The successful Care Worker will have:
- Previous care experience is advantageous
- Social care, Health Care, Childcare, Food Safety certifications or similar
- Able to work evenings and alternate weekends
- Willing to undergo an enhanced DBS disclosure, which will be paid for by Mears
- A full driving licence, valid to drive in the UK with access to your own transport
There are full time and part time (mornings, lunches, teas, evenings and every other weekends) hours available. Applicants must be willing to work alternate weekends and demonstrate good levels of flexibility.
This role would suit a Care Worker, Support Worker, Domiciliary Care Assistant or Carer.
Mears look for people who share our commitment to working in the community and who really want to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
Please apply online today to be considered for the role.
Mears promotes diversity and is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job