CARE MANAGER - West Hampstead
Paying up to £30,248 + Benefits
39 hours per week
Our client is a national award-winning registered care home providing personal care and assistance to 51 elderly residents with dementia
The role of the Care Manager is to ensure that a person centred service to all of our residents, building relationships with them, their families and the local community. Enabling every individual to optimise their independence and have choices which meet their personal needs and preferences.
- Encouraging service users to maintain their independence by understanding their needs and limitations enabling the service to create opportunities to express these fully.
- Leading an effective, motivated and effective team providing excellent person centred care focused on relationships to all service users
- Participating in the care planning process for service users to ensure their needs are fully understood, agreed, documented and delivered to the agreed standard.
- Facilitating and lead activities where required working with colleagues to assist in the provision of an environment which is motivating and stimulating for all service users and which reflects their identity and cultural needs.
- Managing the residential care worker team within the home through reflective practice and regular and timely supervision and performance reviews so that all care staff is fully supported to be effective in their jobs.
- Promoting and maintain good channels of communication amongst the team and between service users, family members, volunteers, and staff.
- You will oversee the effective management of the unit including the rota, handover process, medication management, doctor’s rounds, end of life care and communication with families. Auditing the unit to ensure the service is being delivered and in line with all policies and procedures.
- Maintain standards of practise to meet CQC requirements and legislative directives.
- Deputising for the registered manager in their absence
- Promoting and demonstrate the company values
What you'll need:
- QCF or NVQ Level 4 in Health & Social Care or equivalent/ Mental health training
- Previous experience of leading a team in a Mental Health setting (essential)
- Experience of working with people with challenging or anti-social behaviour (essential)
- Knowledge of a care home and related policies and processes (DoLS, MCA, safeguarding, falls).
- Proven experience of being responsible for the day to day management of a care environment (Essential)
- Experience of security and building management (Essential)
- Experience of administration of medicine (Essential)
- Experience of dealing with emergency care (Essential)
- Previous experience with safeguarding adults (Essential)
- Experience in working with CQC and understanding the expectations.
- To be compassionate, committed and flexible to the needs of the residents and resource
- To be a person who will ensure that systems in the home are adhered to (like handovers, reflective practice, senior meetings).
- To be a completer/finisher, who is able to work on your own initiative
- Understand the role of Care Manager and also in relation to the professional relationship with the Registered Manager.
Excellent benefits and training to all staff. Benefits include, free meals, 20 days annual leave, pension scheme, various discounts, loans and mileage reimbursement, ride to work scheme, eye tests, employee referral bonus and more.
- Care Planning
- care manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job