Circa: £20-£25/hour DOE
My client, a market leader in the manufacture of specialist products for the aerospace, rail and defence market are currently looking for a CAD CAM Programmer (Programming/Design Manufacturing Engineer) to be responsible for the provision of machine shop programming, CAD resource and resolution of associated manufacturing problems.
You must have MASTERCAM experience and be able to hit the ground running.
Design & programming bottlenecks constantly through the business due to the fact that the majority of their work is project/contract work. Your will be responsible for providing a highly flexible resource to quickly address this fluctuating loading as & when they occur.
The programming activity both provides cover for the existing machine shop planner and will pick up specific programming of contracts. Similarly, with the design side the engineer will be allocated specific work to go through. It is likely that the design & programming of a specific contract will be pulled together (such as F1) in which case the engineer will have full service responsibility for the product to the customer including direct customer liaison, NCR actions and on machine resolution of any capability issues.
Further requirements will be to cover panel nesting requirements, water jet cutting programming & maintenance of specific Winman part structures.
* To promote a safe working environment within the company. To take individual responsibility to ensure that the work environment is maintained to agreed 5S standards.
* That all programs & designs produced reflect the requirements for safe working practices.
* That all designs & programs produced embody customer requirements within process capabilities. To liaise with the customer where this is in conflict.
* All design & programming activity is carried out within any relevant QMS procedures.
* Relevant customer concerns are dealt with in a timely fashion.
* All final designs are checked through the costing process.
* All programming is against standard timings. Any variance is re-costed and passed to commercial for re-pricing.
* Designs and programming loading is to be checked against agreed timescales. Extended timescales impacting costs or lead times need to be communicated to Supply Chain.
* Continuous identification of improvement opportunities within the design & programming processes.
* Development of Lean based processes to assist (initially) the CNC shop to improve productivity.
* Involvement in plant problem solving teams with contribution to eventual solutions within own areas of expertise.
* Ownership of problems & the solving of them.
* Negotiating/reviewing design & programming requirements within the medium-term capacity plan. Specifically agreeing programming requirements with the supply chain manager & machine shop planner.
* Agreeing design work load with the Chief Designer.
* Development stage gate review on projects being directly worked on.
* Specific review of design & programming work (eg F1 or ship-sets) with the responsible value stream managers &, where necessary, direct contact with customers to resolve issues as required.
* Direct programming of the jet cutters & CNC machines. Reviewing programming protocols with the machine shop planner. Direct manufacturing engineering activity on the machines to define & maintain measured capabilities.
* To be defined after Winman 7 implementation
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job