The buyer will have a variety of responsibilities including category management for a range of direct and indirect categories
Our client is a globally recognised expert in their field.
Capitalising on one of the world's key issues at the moment - climate change and green energy - our client's products are unrivalled and at the forefront of technology in this sector.
Due to increasing work the procurement team are looking to expand and looking for 2 driven buyers to join them on this journey.
- Category management for a range of direct and indirect categories
- Prepare RFQ documentation and undertake tender exercises
- Sourcing of new suppliers and undertaking relevant due diligence in line with company policy
- Monitoring adherence to policy and procedure and proactively making suggestions for improvement where necessary
- Analyse spend and review supply base with a view to reducing supplier base and seeking opportunities for cost savings
- Conduct regular review meetings with vendors and maintain strong relationships with suppliers
- Proactively carry out expediting and update systems with latest due dates
- Working with our legal team to ensure correct T&C's in place for various suppliers
- Review terms and conditions and negotiate with suppliers to achieve 'best deal'
- Assist end users in creation of specifications
- Supporting production team to ensure shortages are addressed and resolved in a timely manner
- Placing orders through MRP system
- Assist in shaping policy and continuous improvement of procedures to reduce waste and increase efficiency
- Min 5 years buying experience in a manufacturing environment would be advantageous
- Experience of managing own categories and proof of cost savings
- Must have experience in relationship and key stakeholder management, be a confident communicator and be comfortable working with people at all levels across the business
- Experience of supplier negotiation
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal
- Strong team player
- Ability to think strategically
- A commercial attitude to agreeing prices and terms
- Willing to undertake further training/ongoing continuous professional development
- Salary £30-35K DOE
- 2 days office based, 3 days remote working
- 25 days holidays + bank holiday
- Training and development
- Flexible working hours
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'