Buyer £Negotiable (DOE) Full Time, Permanent
Your new role
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager your role will be to develop and execute the material ordering and delivery strategy for specific supply chains. To ensure all material requirements are communicated effectively and are in line with manufacturing needs - to develop and drive Best Total Cost assist in achieving KPI's.
Key responsibilities include category management, delivery of material against agreed supplier schedules. Creation of professional working relationships with the supply chain and internal stakeholders. Working closely with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to develop cost saving strategies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous Purchasing / Buying / Procurement experience is essential - ideally this will be in a Manufacturing / Engineering environment
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Experience in Supplier Management
- Experience to working within a Project driven environment to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Excellent ICT skills; Strong Excel skills, MRP, ERP
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Stakeholder management
- Experienced with lean techniques with the ability to drive process improvement
- Ability to build strong internal cross functional relationships and develop strategic external partnerships
What you'll get in return
- £Negotiable (DOE)
- Full TIme, Permanent Position
- Working Monday to Friday
- Excellent career development and training
- Free, Onsite Parking
- Full company benefits package
For more information about the role, or for a confidential discussion about what you are looking for, please contact me on the details below.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- category management
- supplier management
- cost savings
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job