We are currently working with a really great independently owned business based in Mid Kent with an impressive customer base and great name in the market, who are looking for a Buyer to join their studio on a full time, permanent basis.
The main duties of this varied role include:
- Working collaboratively with the merchandising, design and sourcing teams
- Utilising data to maximise sales, reviewing best and worst sellers
- Working with National Account Managers, attending and presenting at customer meetings
- Monitoring market trends and competitor analysis
- Actively work towards delivering the best product, on time and at the best margin.
- Interacting with the team through the whole product cycle
- Travelling overseas when required
This role requires a candidate with the following:
- You will be a skilled junior buyer, looking for your next challenge
- Display a thorough understanding of the "product journey"
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to build excellent working relationships with senior members of the business.
- Share your knowledge effectively and be able to cut through complexity, to think laterally about the brands and how they fit into the wider product offering across the business
- Proactively trade the season, managing uncertain trading patterns (commercial/market awareness)
- Bring with you your creativity and love of buying
- Demonstrate an extensive knowledge of a wide variety of relevant International brands to ensure that you are creating and sourcing appropriate products
- Display a good working knowledge of Excel
- Hold a Full UK driving license
- Be willing and able to undertake travel on business trips in UK, Europe or Far East
You will have the opportunity to join a progressive business with room to develop your career and take on further responsibility in the future.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, please apply online for immediate consideration!
This role is being handled by Emily Powell, Executive Consultant for Pearson Whiffin Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job