The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for all purchasing activity for the company including strategic sourcing, inventory control, price negotiation, quality control and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Participation in Senior Management Meetings
- Analysing consumer buying patterns, spotting market trends and manage plans for stock purchasing strategies
- To review changes in demand and logistics planning and act accordingly
- Maintain supplier relationships, build new supplier relationships
- Reporting and forecasting
- Managing budgets and liaising with the Financial Controller
- Coaching and managing staff
Hours of work are 8:30 - 5 Monday to Friday with 30 minutes for lunch
The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically and make fact based decisions, you will be passionate and self-motivated. Previous job roles will include, Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Purchaser, Purchasing Assistant.
If you have all of the required skills and experience please select APPLY
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job