A new and exciting role has developed for a Buyer to join a growing manufacturer, based in Sheffield. This role will provide support to the senior buyer and will be a responsible for managing multiple aspects of the supply chain, which may include cost reduction activities, project involvement and supplier management.
An innovative market leader, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join the Sheffield based manufacturer. A business that thoroughly believes in continuously developing and improving their methods and processes, they are looking for skilled individuals to help take them to the next level.
As the Buyer within this business you will be responsible for the following.
- To support the Senior Buyer and Supply Chain team where necessary
- Ensure pricing levels are maintained within scorecard budget, negotiate and; where viable, make improvements to negate the impact of any increase to the organisation
- Achieving cost reductions
- Assist in all monthly reports required by the Senior Buyer or Supply Chain Manager
- Cover the role of Purchasing Assistant when required
- Work closely with warehouse/stores Shift Leader/Section Leader to improve stock accuracy
- Liaise with all necessary departments to ensure quality standards are adhered to in supply of goods and services
- Manage supplier base for commodities allocated by Senior Buyer
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers
- Form agreements with suppliers
- Maintain system information, e.g. pricing, address and new product codes
- Implement and monitor supplier performance
- Monitor and maintain purchased inventory levels (with Purchasing Assistant), including safety stocks
- Handle all aspects of supply negotiations
- Raise purchase orders
- Resolve invoice queries
- Develop and implement alternative purchasing procedures to provide efficient and effective procurement
- Supplier visits
The successful buyer will ideally have some of the following key skills and qualities.
- CIPS qualified or working towards (ideal, not essential)
- Worked within a buying/purchasing environment within Manufacturing, Engineering, or Production
- Experience of working with or competent knowledge of MRP
- Can demonstrate specific example of cost reduction
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
£25,000 - £28,000
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job