Our client is an established Brand of childrenswear clothes. They are now looking for a skilled Buyer of childrenswear to join their exciting team. This is a senior level role and they are looking for someone with extensive experience in a similar role. You will be responsible for building a sustainable, innovative, profitable and commercial product range to meet the requirements of the business, our trade partners, new markets and direct consumers.
Buyer - The Role:
- Review current collection, identify gaps and suggest new product areas to add to the collection.
- Be ultimately aware of the competition, present regular reports to the business and take learnings from your research to assist in your own range build.
- Create Line plan for board sign off with Head of design taking into account Supply base, Quality, Sales and Ecommerce strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring best price is achieved to optimise profit, design, innovation, on time delivery and quality
- Create initial season demand forecast and production plan in line with factory capabilities.
- Ensure that production is evenly distributed across the supply base to maintain and improve quality and delivery performance in line with Supply Base Strategy.
- Analyse sales to identify margin contributions and guide future development.
- Share forecasts with suppliers to accommodate growth plans, negotiate best prices, reduce MOQ’s and lead times.
- Regular onsite visits to suppliers in India, Portugal, China and Turkey to negotiate prices, assist them in managing their supply chain and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage Production and Shipment deadlines to maintain on time, in full, compliant deliveries, maximise opportunities and optimise working capital.
- Assemble buys for fabric and stock to ensure all customers requirements by product / size are fulfilled.
Buyer - The Candidate:
- Experience in developing a product range alongside the design team is essential rather than just buying a range.
- Exceptional at negotiating with suppliers for prices, deliveries and terms.
- Experience of travelling to factories outside of the UK and willingness to meet with suppliers to face to face.
- Able to manage, motivate and lead a small team.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and the ability to track, analyse and manipulate large volumes of buying data to be able to analyse and interpret data to make informed buying choices.
- Strong childrens wear experience.
- Experience in visiting and auditing factories in India, China, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills with suppliers to ensure a commercially viable range.
- Creative but analytical range planning experience.
- A willingness to work full time and travel to our suppliers a 2-4 times a year
Buyer - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job