Buyer - Own Label toys & gifts
Quest Search and Selection are proud to partner an Entertainment Provider working in their Retail business. The business creates bespoke retail, general merchandise gifts, toys and memorabilia for their retail and leisure clients!
The role of Buyer - own label requires high degree of autonomy, whether working with predefined or self-generated briefs within specified timelines and budget.
Key Responsibilities of this Buyer - Own Label (toys & gifts):-
- Research and propose novel product concepts for both existing and prospective clients.
- Responsible for taking these concepts from initial ideas through to line list development and the sampling process in collaboration with appropriate factories.
- Ensure that company, remains at the forefront of current trends, materials, and technology.
- Assist the team and NPD Manager in identifying new factories when necessary.
- Cultivate strong relationships with factories and engage in negotiations to secure the most favourable terms, including competitive pricing, production schedules, sampling costs, and lead times.
- Take ownership of product margin and ensure that all products are economically viable before presenting them to clients.
- Collaborate closely with technical team to ensure products meet the highest standards.
- Visits to global suppliers located both in the UK and internationally.
Requirements for this Buyer - Own Label (toys & gifts):-
- Ideally having 4 years + experience in product development, Npd, own label Buying or NPD role
- Experience in global sourcing, with a particular emphasis on the Far East
- Have extensive experience dealing directly with factories
- That you have experience working in a General Merchandise category, for example toys, home, DIY, electrical, plush, gifting or accessories etc.
- Having experience in traveling to overseas factories (advantageous)
- Flexible to travel abroad (involved to visit factories)
- Open to candidates from supplier, brand or retail background
Benefits that come along with this Buyer - Own Label (toys & gifts):-
- Flexible working pattern
- 25 days holiday
- Bonus scheme up to 10%
- Hybrid working - 3 days in the office
- Paid parental leave.
- Computer (Mac/Windows)
- Mobile phone dependent on role
- Employee Assistance and Wellbeing Program
If this sound like you & you feel you have the right skills and expertise at this level, please apply today quoting the reference no.JO-2311-111096
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'