Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are currently looking for an experienced Buyer to join our fast paced environment in a team who work closely together and no job is too big or small! In this role you will be involved with making peoples life moments special and you get to be a part of a team that are one of the biggest and most exciting categories in the business!
This role is smart working so whilst you will be remote working, you must be able to commute to our Support Centre in Wakefield.
- Managing the Cards range to ensure the critical paths for the key life moments ae followed and take corrective action to resolve issues when needed;
- Management of the range plan for your category alongside the Assistant Buyer, ensuring that accurate and timely data is provided to influence the decision-making process;
- Manage the product development process ensuring it meets customer requirements and is linked to strategy and financial targets;
- Responsible for working with the Quality Control team to ensure products are sourced with relevant safety and quality standards and supplier audits are in place;
- Analyse and evaluate the overall performance of the product area weekly against budget, LFL and strategy, identify lessons learnt to make informed decisions to trade your category and manage risk to drive sales and profitability;
- Drive sales and profitability through effective negotiations on key deliverables.
- Experience working with product from either the Card, Party, Gifting or Homewares industry is preferred.
- A creative flair and a strong eye for product is a must!
- Ability to have tough, honest conversations that drive performance;
- Experience interpreting financial data to improve profit and sales;
- Experience managing all administration that is connected to the area.
- Be able to confidently raise opportunities to the Senior Leadership team to ensure team success;
- Is able to build working relationships within the team, and with other key stakeholders;
- Work in an ethical, sustainable and legal way in sourcing of product;
- Be results focused and plans ahead, dealing with issues before they escalate;
- Be commercially aware and seek ways to improve profit.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'