About the role?
To manage an efficient materials purchasing system and provide support to the Construction Departing in achieving build programmes with the maximum efficiency.
- Qualified to HND level or higher.
- Methodical, conscientious and organised, works to deliver high standards.
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment, i.e. project management/payment and valuation software.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- To schedule and place material and plant orders with Group National Suppliers where appropriate or general suppliers, optimising cost and quality. This to include material orders for the Customer Care Department.
- To attend internal pre-start meetings and Team Meetings as required by the Technical/Construction Departments.
- To check Architects/Engineers drawings for discrepancies and compliance with the required material specification. Thereafter resolving any queries with the relevant consultants/Technical Department.
- To produce material enquiries to suppliers for costing and production of schedules and assessing quotations and supplier’s schedules to ensure they are correct.
- To produce material cost schedules and budgets with cost codes for new sites and as required, to review material cost codes to ensure budgets are not exceeded. Project and report material cost increases as they arise.
- To provide site material accruals on a monthly basis.
- To resolve invoice queries with the Accounts Department.
- Carry out material on site checks and produce report for own developments.
- Ensure correct specifications are being used.
- Attend site monthly to ensure there are no problems with supplies / materials.
What about the benefits package?
- Competitive base salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Business Development
- Project Management
- Residential Homes