At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Intelligence Information Architect, based at our Central Cambrdige site.
High Level Function Overview
The EUGG IT team partners with Finance, Compliance, HR, Legal, Global Medical Affairs and the Global Product and Portfolio Strategy to improve financial, portfolio, medical affairs, competitive intelligence and market data capture, management, reporting and analytics. The ambition of EUGG IT is to provide world-class expertise and leadership in technological solutions, BI Analytics and Information Delivery that accelerates and improves Financial and Strategic Decision Making in AZ. Delivering the EUGG IT portfolio of projects and services needs people with hybrid skill sets covering technical, analytical, project management, service management, business relationship and business analysis skills, combined with an excellent knowledge of AZ processes.
Key Accountabilities for the BI Information Architect
The role holder will deliver tangible and measurable value by taking a hands-on technical role in the delivery of both large and small Business Intelligence projects. The primary focus will be on information model design and implementation, data quality and Master Data Management. In addition they will also undertake a range of activities including business requirements analysis and BI solution design and delivery.
Data Scope: Financial, Pricing, Market, Compliance, HR, Legal, Information Governance, Portfolio, Competitive, Commercial and Medical Affairs data
- Support the delivery of the BI portfolio, including information model design (conceptual, logical and physical), implementation, ETL, Data warehousing, visualisation and analytics and ensure adherence to current regulations, policies and standards and alignment with any agreed strategies.
- Contribute to the EUGG IT information architecture roadmap and strategy, working with the EUGG ITS enior Information Architect and the EUGG IT Enterprise Architect.
- Maintain the integrity of the information models, in the central modelling repository (Erwin) for the EUGG IT portfolio, as they evolve and change in line with business demand.
- Coordinate with AZ Enterprise information architecture, ensuring that the EUGG ITdata and information assets are available as data services and artefacts for consumption by the wider AZ enterprise and EUGG IT are leveraging and aligned with existing AZ information assets.
- Support (mentoring, training, etc) other BI Analysts, Engineers and Architects, etc. within EUGG IT in Information Architecture and information management best practice.
- Collaborate with the EUGG IT Solution Architecture capability to incorporate information management aspects into solutions supporting EUGG IT business processes and the reference architecture
- Maintain an on-going professional development in analytics and BI tools, and competitive / business intelligence techniques, master data management, information management and architecture, and vendor developments.
- Support the overall BI Engineering/Architecture capability development including staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training strategies, etc..
- Establish strong working relationships with Finance and GPPS customer groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities, data requirements & use and early insight into changing needs.
- Actively support the further development of Information Architecture capabilities (methods, processes, best practices, tools etc.). Test and quality assess new IA tools and products.
Skills and Capability
Tool & Technology Experience
Experience with & knowledge in a broad base of BI & IA tools.
- Preferred tools are SAP BusinessObjects, Spotfire, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Informatica Powercentre, Talend, SAP MDM / MDG, Oracle DRM / DRG, Erwin, Oracle Database, MySQL, AWS RDS for Aurora, Amazon Redshift
- Consideration will be given to experience of other similar tools including Cognos, Qliktech, SAS/IBM SPSS, Informatica MDM, Oracle Exadata, Oracle Application Express, Oracle SOA and BPM suites (FMW), SharePoint, SAP HANA/other appliances/MPP technologies, Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive etc.
Required Technical Skills
- BI Technologies and Applications
- Information Modeling (Relational, Dimensional and Canonical)
- Database design and performance tuning (Oracle, MySQL)
- Master Data Management
- ETL and data warehousing
- Data Visualisation
- Data Analytics
- Business Analysis / Business Process Analysis
- External standards and taxonomies such as ICD-10, SNOMED-CT
- Amazon Web Services
- SAP ECC6 data model (especially FI, CO & SD)
- Search and Taxonomy
- Business Relationship Management
- Service Management
- Project Management
- Supplier/Partnership Management
Personal skills & experience
- Experience of BI development / Information Architecture experience, ideally in a Pharmaceutical Financial, Commercial or Development domain
- Excellent Influencing and Innovation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for customers
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations
- Experience with a range of development methodologies and tools, especially Agile approaches such as Scrum
- Experience of working with external suppliers
- Strong Collaboration skills
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience
?Posted from 07.11 until 06.12 - Salary Competitive<
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job