Understanding of the research sector is critical for this Business Development role. Therefore, it is essential for the successful candidate to either already understand or very quickly learn fully the following:
- How research funding in the UK (and elsewhere) works
- The process of grant applications and reporting requirements for researchers
- The REF, HEFCE
- How universities, funders and researchers all work together
- How to ‘fit-in’ with the research community to the extent that mingling at conferences becomes second nature, to the extent that you don’t stick out as a ‘sales person’
As the Business Development Executive you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and building new opportunities for the organisation both in the UK and internationally.
- Pipeline management
- Cold calling
- Demonstrating and presenting to customers either online or face to face
- Closing business.
- Attending conferences
If you are looking for a challenging role that utilises your knowledge of the research arena and more commercial, client-facing skills then this Business Development opportunity could be right up your street! Please send your application for the Business Development role to  or call us on for a further discussion.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and will be reviewing all applications over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you are selected we will be in contact and if not, we will be keeping your details on file for any future vacancies. Please follow us on Twitter (@ExactSourcing) or ‘like’ us on Facebook to keep updated with any future opportunities.
Exact Sourcing is an equal opportunities employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job