Our client is one of the UK’s leading integrator and technology vendors, providing innovative solutions to the rail industry. Their expertise ranges from the provision of On-Train Real-Time Passenger Information Systems to the delivery of Real-Time Customer Information and Platform to Train CCTV solutions. Currently embarking on their next phase of growth, and with an exciting product development pipeline, this presents a great opportunity to join a winning team and contribute to realising their goals
Role & Key Responsibilities:
- Home Working or Office Locations Accross the UK
- The Business Development Manager will strive to build a new business pipeline and manage and grow existing accounts.
- Manage multiple complex sales cycles simultaneously.
- Focus on selling the company’s niche Software solutions.
- Identify and follow through with new business opportunities.
- Create strategic account plans and innovate ways to introduce new products to existing clients by 'Target Account Selling'. (TAS or Miller Heiman experience an advantage)
- Engage with key decision makers and build business cases.
- Sell 'through and with' partners and integrators.
- Manage and build upon relationships with existing clients.
- Create and deliver creative presentations in a confident manner to C Level Executives.
- Professionally represent the company at all times.
Skills & Experience:
- 3 to 5+ years of successful B2B selling.
- Experienced in negotiating complex commercial contracts, ideally with government/ public sector customers.
- Experience within the Rail industry selling to a broad cross-section, including TOCs, ROSCOs and Train builders, etc.
- Experience of selling customised systems and rail information and communication systems that are required to be tailored to the customers’ needs.
- Demonstrable ability to develop major bid proposals.
- Evidence of influencing and shaping pricing strategies.
- The ability to interpret product and marketing strategies and develop these into effective sales plans.
- Ideally have a technical, software engineering or systems engineering background or at least experience of selling complex solutions within a technical environment.
- Evidence of understanding and implementing strategies to broaden and enrich relationships with key customers/specifiers/industry influencers.
- An advocate of the Challenger Sales approach. The ability to manage complex sales cycles in a fast paced and global environment. A new business hunter who is extremely driven and self-motivated. Passionate about customer experience and digital transformation. An articulate and organised individual.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Someone who can work off their own initiative with little supervision.
- Information Systems
- Systems Engineering
- Communication Systems
- sale cycle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job