Job Title: Business Development Manager - Air & Ocean Freight
Sector: Freight Forwarding / Import / Export / Ocean Freight / Sea Freight / Air Freight / Logistics / International transportation / LCL / FCL / Sales / B2B Sales
Location: Birmingham/ Midlands (Field Based)
Package: £45,000 - £55,000 basic + commission + car
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most successful Freight Forwarders in the whole of the UK.
The company is seeking to appoint a highly experienced Business Development Manager who will be responsible for promoting air and ocean freight services throughout the Midlands. This is a field based position reporting to the Sales Director, the successful candidate will be required to attend the Birmingham office approximately one day per week.
This role would be well suited to a highly motivated and ambitious sales person with a proven track record in air and ocean freight development.
The company offers fantastic service levels and very competitive freight rates. They have developed an excellent reputation within the industry and offer a wide variety of services in global markets. They also offer a fantastic working environment, an industry leading commission structure and an excellent scope for long term career development.
Daily Duties will include:
- Build a portfolio of accounts from targeted business development and your own existing network of clients
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative, understanding client needs with a proactive approach
- Prospect and develop new opportunities through varies means (telemarketing, direct mail, personal solicitation) to qualify and develop prospects
- Meet with prospective clients and provide a forwarding service tailored to their specific needs
- Promote the company's products and services through delivery of product presentations and demonstrations
- Work strategically with the U.K. sales team to plan and create sales strategies and activities to increase personal and group profitability between branches
- Act as an initial point of contact for all commercial customer enquiries, escalations and queries
- Submit regular personal budgets, opportunity pipelines and activity reports and statistics
- Promote, develop and maintain specific markets, products and customer relationships to meet budgetary requirements
- Maximise profit potential through regular reviews and identification of new opportunities
- Identify means of improving services and quality to customers, to encourage continued business development and customer longevity, through maintaining and building open and collaborative relationships
- Maintain an awareness of competitor activity and pricing policies to ensure competitive marketing
- Liaise with operations teams and internal sales department
- Manage client base in your designated area ensuring that any commercial, operational and financial issues are resolved
- Experience of working in Freight Forwarding environment
- Sales experience (proven track record in Air/ Ocean freight sales)
- Full Driving Licence
- Computer literate with knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Lotus Notes
- Confident, flexible, friendly, approachable and quick thinker
If you feel that you meet the above criteria and would like to find out more, please do not hesitate to apply.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion regarding this position to further establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Supply Chain & Logistics (SCM), Freight Forwarding, Shipping and the wider Global Transportation markets. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals working in Freight Forwarding, Freight Management, Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, International Logistics, Shipping, International Removals and International Relocation Management.
- Business Development
- Sales Executive
- Freight Forwarding
- Ocean Freight
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job