My client is a multinational information services organisation, based in London but with offices globally. The world's leading investment firms, consultancies and corporations depend on this company to access crucial, first-hand perspectives from specialised industry experts.
Established in 2007, my client is an expert network serving hundreds of global institutions and thousands of analysts worldwide. The firm gives its clients compliant, confidential access to expert industry insights through one-to-one telephone consultations, by producing detailed reports and by hosting moderated conference calls, private meetings and roundtable events.
My client counts 600 employees globally is one of the industry's largest and best-established expert networks, setting up thousands of risk-free interactions with experts across all industries and geographies every year. They have doubled their turnover every two years since 2007: the firm's success speaks for itself.
Headquartered in central London, the company is present in 3 continents with offices in New York, Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Mumbai.
My client is looking to expand their Sales team, with a focus on introducing their products to UK investment firms. As such, they are looking to hire a Business Development Associate to join their growing team in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, prospecting and qualifying new clients across Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds and Private Equity.
This opportunity will give you unrivalled access to senior professionals (think C-level Execs, Fund Managers and Directors), and is a fantastic chance to develop a broad commercial skillset as a foundation for an exciting career in business.
- Learn and demonstrate the firm's value proposition across the entire suite of primary research services (expert network, conference calls, private meetings, survey reports and deal origination)
- Prospect potential clients who fit the on-boarding criteria; develop relationships to better understand their broader research needs, and explore cross-selling opportunities
- Oversee the generation and qualification of leads through phone and email campaigns
- Work alongside the VP of Sales with user acquisition and prospecting strategies
- Demonstrable ability to generate and follow up on business leads effectively with excellent networking skills
- Proven experience in communicating effectively and building relationships quickly over the phone
- Basic knowledge of sales techniques and financial markets, including alternative investments
- A self-starter, who can establish and organise daily sales activities with minimal supervision
- Results driven team player with a positive, 'can-do' attitude
- Self-motivated individual with strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with Excel and use of databases
- Degree from a Russell Group university (preferred but not essential)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a BD/Sales position
- Be eligible to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
My client offers a competitive starting salary of £25,000, generous commission structure and accelerated career progression for successful and ambitious individuals. There is a dynamic and sociable working culture including monthly socials, company trips and Friday drinks.
With an interactive management team, and an open and collaborative work environment, my client values creativity of thought and listens to the voices of employees. If you are self-motivated, driven, and focused on achievement, there are no limits to your ability to grow and be a part of this firm's success story!
- Business Development
- Account Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job