Morson International is currently assisting our client with their recruitment to the position of Business Controller Assistant to be based at their premises in Loudwater, Hertfordshire. My client are a UK based defence systems provider designing and manufacturing hi-tech products and support services internationally for defence organisations.
The Business Controller Assistant will report directly to the Business Controller (BC), and will principally deputise for the Business Controller and will be responsible for providing project and management accounting information and analysis for the Company in addition to ensuring robust financial reporting both internally and to external bodies where required.
The role encompasses:
* Acting as deputy for Business Controller.
* Ensuring that the accounting and forecasting for all Programmes are correct and accurate
* Review any major variances in accounting with the Business Controller.
* Providing support to the business in areas such as cash flow and project costing, forecast reviews.
* Generation of the monthly forecast and preparation of the annual budget
* Supporting the preparation of the 5 year strategic plan.
* Support in continuously improving the Company's financial controls and reporting systems.
* Ensure hedges are in place for foreign currency
* Provide budget control for all projects and provide relevant analysis.
* Manage working capital cycle and work to achieve reduction plans as per BPR schedule.
* Reconciliation and review of Advance payments
* Ensure that correct financial procedures are undertaken.
* Support the Business Controller in the preparation of the BPR on a monthly basis.
* To manage the company's project accounting responsibilities
* Highlight programme risks and opportunities in conjunction with Programme Managers.
* To manage the co-ordination and preparation of all management accounting information.
* To assist in the generation of the monthly forecast for review with the Finance Director and Business Controller.
* Maintain an effective Cash Flow forecast by monitoring Programme invoicing and Credit Control.
* Liaising with internal and external customers including HMRC and internal and external auditors.
* Perform monthly reviews and forecasts for R&D and Bids & Proposals.
* Completion of all financial aspects of the annual budget (Alongside the BC)
* Supporting the Business Controller in the preparation and co-ordination of the strategic plan processes.
* Preparation of the Year End packs and maintaining Finance Department procedures.
* Supporting the Bidding process to ensure that the appropriate financial documentation has been completed * Ensure appropriate financial risks and opportunities have been highlighted.
* Preparation and submission of MOD actual & budgeted rates and MOD programme cost certificates. * Undertaking specific projects as requested by BC.
* Ensure fully trained in IFS and able to run the project and revenue close at month end.
* Business Analytics trained and able to produce project reporting.
* Contribution towards cost challenges.
Essential Requirements *
- Newly qualified / Qualified (CIMA or ACCA)
*At least 4 years' experience working in a finance role.
* Excellent in use of Excel (vlookup, pivot tables and sumifs)
* Highly analytical and excellent communicator * Pragmataic and calm under pressure
* Ability to liase with internal and external stakeholders
* Able to multi-task and prioritise workload. * Ability to work autonomously
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job