In the Business Consulting team we primarily seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of company finance functions. Our service offerings support organisations at all stages of the transformation journey from designing the change required, to delivering and managing that change and providing assurance around change initiatives.
Core service offerings as part of this role include:
• Finance Transformation (business process improvement) – primary focus
• Finance Transformation (organisation design) – primary focus
• Finance Transformation (MI and reporting) – secondary focus
As a Senior Manager within the Business Consulting team you will be actively involved in assisting Managers with Project delivery for small to medium size projects and be responsible for delivering large scale projects, alongside Partners and Directors.
As a Senior Manager you will also be expected to actively be involved in and lead on Business Development initiatives. As a growing team this is essential.
In addition to working with Business Consulting and other colleagues in the delivery of projects in the above areas, you will proactively seek and support the conversion of opportunities to develop the Finance Transformation consultancy service.
Our varied portfolio of clients range from FTSE 100 global companies to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors (retail, property management, financial services, energy, manufacturing and more) throughout the UK.
In addition to our private sector clients we also work with a number of public sector bodies (councils, education, housing, trusts, etc.), professional associations and charities.
Successful candidates will get exposure to our full range of clients and will be expected to work directly with senior client representatives to complete engagements.
- Engagement Delivery
- Responsible for planning, managing and executing projects (large scale) on time and within budget, alongside Partners.
- Responsible for providing project delivery support to managers and junior team members as appropriate.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining strong long-term client relationships.
- Business Development – Alongside the Partners take an active role in leading and executing the Business Development strategy for the team.
- Risk Management - Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
- People Management - Support and coach junior consulting resources in client and practice delivery. Undertake line management duties as appropriate.
- Practice Management – Alongside Partners take an active role in the development of new initiatives and alternative approaches to solving client problems. Developing new go to market service offerings and new methodologies and project accelerators.
- Consulting experience in finance transformation, essential.
- Previous business process re-engineering / improvement experience, either as an external consultant or in industry – essential.
- Established professional network – desirable.
- Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent, essential.
- Qualified – (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or relevant Masters-level studies (e.g. MBA), desirable.
- Recognised process improvement qualification e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2 – desirable.
- Willingness to develop skills in the other core consulting areas detailed above - essential.
- Previous experience in managing the delivery of jobs and small teams.
- Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills.
- Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills
- Personal projection and confidence.
- Setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
We are proud of our strong European heritage, our smart and sustainable growth and of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
For more information regarding careers at Mazars please visit
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'