£14.11/hour (plus holiday) Approx. £29,300pa
12 Month Contract
The successful candidate will support the development and enhancement of the Trade Cost Calculator and Analytics platform, which is a best in class system designed to provide insight into trading costs and activities.
This will involve owning the trading cost fee calculation and volume reconciliation processes across multiple products, carrying out analysis of areas identified for enhancements to increase transparency and accuracy. Responsibility will include supporting roll-out of new products and reports to stakeholders, working with technology teams to gather requirements for enhancements and providing any other analysis as required to assist in driving cost optimization strategies.
The successful candidate will interact with the trading desks, business management and internal stakeholders at a senior level to promote the analytics that are produced and to address new requirements, enhancements and metrics. A key part of this role will also be interacting closely with counterparts in EMEA, APAC and the US to understand the products managed across the regions, the teams and processes involved, trade data structures and expense drivers
The Business Expense Transparency group is a global function with the mandate of optimizing transaction expenses and implementing best in class expense management practices. The team has a strong presence in NAM, EMEA and APAC and looks at all areas of the expense base including supply management, demand management, expense reporting, analysis and control, expense systems developments and data transparency.
The team consists of three main disciplines:
- Category Management & Expense Efficiency - Focused on identifying savings initiatives and leading/driving this forward
- Trade Expense Analytics - Responsible for producing Trading expense analytics to facilitate transparency & ultimately reduce expenses
- Operations - Accounting, control and payments processing of Brokerage, Clearing & Exchange Fees
- Support efforts to drive Trade Analytics team projects from inception to delivery
- Reconcile the volume and fee calculations from the in-house system to key benchmarks / 3rd party invoices to ensure consistent accuracy
- Develop and implement processes to carry out reconciliations for new products as required
- Assist in producing robust analytics and reports to identify expense trends and cost drivers for trading expenses
- Gather requirements and analyse new metrics for enhancing our reporting and accuracy
- Work closely with Technology throughout the software delivery lifecycle to deliver new requirements and projects
- Interact with the global efficiency, transparency and operations teams to understand their functions and provide analytical guidance and advancements.
- In depth exposure to capital markets and investment banking activities including products traded, life cycles of trades and key market participants for various products
- Opportunity to develop multi-product knowledge across all asset classes and businesses globally
- Opportunity to coordinate, lead and deliver high profile trade transparency initiatives, interacting with the global group.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven track record as a business analyst, ideally within investment banking / financial services industry, with at least 2 years' relevant experience required to be considered
- Proven experience of carrying out reconciliations, investigation & resolution of issues or variances, producing summaries and Management Information updates
- Proven track record of identifying & implementing process improvements
- Awareness of investment products, accounting principles and practices beneficial
- Appreciation of the software delivery lifecycle advantageous
- Understanding of trade flow processes / systems advantageous
- Experience with SAP Business Objects and QlikView advantageous
- Project management or similar technology related qualification beneficial (e.g. PRINCE, ITIL)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, preferably in Finance, Business or Economics
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Strong PC skills essential including advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Very strong data reconciliation skills - must be comfortable working with large datasets
- Ability to understand complex data and condense into key themes / summarise for intended audience
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'