Temp Role (possibility to become Permanent)
35 hours per week
Based from Telford Office (home-working currently)
For over 40 years, Golden Bear Products Ltd have been transforming some of the nation’s much-loved children’s TV characters into high quality toys for both kids and adults to enjoy. We are preparing for a period of growth and looking to recruit a Brand Manager, considering applicants on a part time, full time or freelance basis.
You will be responsible for Brand strategy, marketing and managing the development of the product ranges and range plans, (including packaging) for your designated brands, and working in partnership with the Product Managers, the HK Product Development team, Graphics/Design teams and Licensors to achieve this. It will involve setting the priorities and timelines with the Brand Team. In conjunction with the Brand Team, responsible for ensuring that any new products developed meet the consumer and customer needs in the UK market and Internationally, where appropriate.
Key role responsibilities:
- Take financial (TLP and budget) ownership for their designated brands and products in the UK. In conjunction with the Commercial Manager be instrumental in setting customer prices that deliver margin targets and optimise sales. Work in collaboration with the Product Managers and Commercial Manager to deliver these costs. Control costs and marketing spend to stay within agreed budgets. Adjust spending where needed to optimise profit and deliver against the agreed targets.
- As an integral part of TLP planning, work in conjunction with the Sales team to make decisions on which product lines to carry forward each year, and which products to drop. Minimise any obsolescent costs by taking these decisions early.
- Responsible for optimising the sell of your brands by assisting the Sales team in presentations, sales sheets and the provision of excellent customer service.
- Work in collaboration with the Licensing Manager to get brand plans and new product ranges approved by the Licensor, where appropriate. Work with the Product Managers to get final products approved and to market in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Graphics & Design team and Product Managers, drive initial development of packaging designs that meet retailer needs, convey key marketing messages and meet commercial requirements.
- Responsible for developing innovative marketing plans for your Brands including TVC’s and digital marketing. These plans will need to be delivered with executional excellence. Work in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Executive and Digital Assets Co-ordinator to deliver best in class digital marketing assets.
- As part of delivering on marketing plans the Brand Manager will be required to liaise with external agencies to ensure spend is best utilised and monitored to drive brand and business needs.
- In conjunction with the Sales team & Commercial Manager, the Brand Manager will agree units sales forecasts for all products under their responsibility. The Brand Manager will need to monitor sell through at retail and in collaboration with the Sales team, adjust marketing plans to ensure the optimum retail sales.
- Become the authority on their designated brands. Be the go-to person for any queries from both internal and external sources.
- In conjunction with the designated Brand Team become an expert on the UK product categories that their brands compete in. Understand the competitors and their ingredients for success, assisting in future brand and product development.
- Manage and contribute to the strategy direction of the brand, leading into the overarching strategic company direction and add value based on prior experience, market insights and feedback from the market.
- Continually challenge priorities and manage time effectively to deliver the optimum added value to Golden Bear.
- Build strong teamwork with colleagues across the business. Support each other, share best practice and both give and receive constructive feedback.
- Build a strong working relationship with the Product Managers, Sales Managers and Graphics & Design teams. Ensure frequent communication and a sharing of new product ideas and direction to secure alignment and to optimise the innovation process.
- Take responsibility for your personal growth. Develop a personal development plan with your Line Manager and solicit regular feedback on your performance as a leader and as a brand builder.
- Adherance to, and completion of necessary BCARM health and safety training
Additional Projects to be shared between Brand Managers:
- Trade shows, Consumer and Press events
- Influencer Events
- Cross Brand Promotional Initiatives (i.e. CBeebiesLand)
- Preview Presentations
- Analyse Digital activations in collaboration with Digital Marketing Executive
- Trade press budget
- Sales Analysis - Marketing Spend
What we expect from you:
- Role model the company values and use them to guide behaviours
- A collaborative approach to all tasks with all colleagues. One Business approach.
- Regular competitive research, being able to react to market requirements - New product Innovation, Pricing, Promo’s, Marketing Campaigns.
If you feel this role looks right for you and you feel you can contribute significantly to our growth plans and want to join our team, please apply through this advert with your CV and covering letter stating why you are suitable for the role along wth your salary requirements, to our HR Consultant.
Deadline: Monday 8th February 2021
- Toy Industry
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'